CH47 new here tell me what you think

skufukuskufuku Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited September 20, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hello everyone. I'm new to DGrin and thought I would jump into the deep end and try out this challenge. Let me know if this is worth trying or what I might do diferent to make it better. Thanks

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2005
    Welcome to DGrin!
    skufuku wrote:
    Hello everyone. I'm new to DGrin and thought I would jump into the deep end and try out this challenge. Let me know if this is worth trying or what I might do diferent to make it better. Thanks
    Nice shot! I lkie the idea. Could be getting more points if you have chosen more body-like treeshape to blend with, but as a start it's a good one!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • rckmtlrckmtl Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited September 18, 2005
    Hey, I'm new here too, but I think you should enter it! Might as well give it a shot, you know?

Personally, I like the photo. I am torn between thinking that the words on the veil are good or bad. On one hand I find then distrating, cuz I'm trying to read them upside down. On the other hand, since they are distracting, they help prevent me from noticing your eyes and gun, which is the whole purpose of camo.
  • skufukuskufuku Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited September 19, 2005
    Thanks for the comments sorry I didn't respond earlier, I was trying to get it finnished before time ran out.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2005
    BTW, I just noticed
    skufuku wrote:
    Judging by the picture, you are left-handed with your left eye being dominantmwink.gif
    AND you can aim with both eyes openthumb.gif

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • skufukuskufuku Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited September 20, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    Judging by the picture, you are left-handed with your left eye being dominantmwink.gif
    AND you can aim with both eyes openthumb.gif

Cheers!1drink.gif
    Actually I'm weird. I'm right handed and right eye dominant. My father taught me to shoot and he has a bad right eye, I simply copied him and I''ve always shot lefty. Yes I can aim with both eys open, had to train myself to do it being right eye dominant it was tricky, though when it's a tough shot I will close my right eye.
    This challenge was fun. It got me out of the house doing photography the way I like to do it. I've been doing photography since high school (i'm 42 now) but when I got married 12 years ago other priorities took over and I noticed my pictures had become real snap shoddy with and emphasis on shoddy. I was depressed to realize this.:cry I think this web page and these challenges will help and the fact that a year ago I bought my first digital camera so photography has become much more affordable. I'm new to all this digital stuff, photoshop, cameras, web, so I'm hear to learn and have fun.
    Thanks