Options

#68 Chocolate - couple ideas

JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
edited January 24, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here are a couple tries... I never get it right the first tries IF I ever do get it right LOL ... so here goes my first couple of tries:

Thoughts?

Choc 1:
P1040418-choc1.jpg

Choc 2
P1040434choc2.jpg
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6

Comments

• Options
    edited January 17, 2011
    Do any of these scream "chocolate"? :)

here's Choc #3:

Peppermint Patty:

P1040457choc3.jpg
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    No Jenn. None of these 'scream' chocolate to me. The first one is the best and it ' is ' chocolate.

Suggestion, get a bit more down and dirty. Take the wrappers off!
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2011
    angevin1 wrote: »
    No Jenn. None of these 'scream' chocolate to me. The first one is the best and it ' is ' chocolate.

Suggestion, get a bit more down and dirty. Take the wrappers off!

Awe... THEN I have to eat it!!! ok .. if you INSIST!!! lol
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2011
    ok it's official .. I don't know how to photograph chocolate... it's dark and it gets a reflection on it.
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,278 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    Jenn, I don't know much, but this is pretty basic stuff: Yes, chocolate is dark, especially the good stuff :D You may need to expose it longer to get the details. If you don't want a reflection, do NOT use a flash. Use a long exposure.... take it outside if you have to.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2011
    kdotaylor wrote: »
    Jenn, I don't know much, but this is pretty basic stuff: Yes, chocolate is dark, especially the good stuff :D You may need to expose it longer to get the details. If you don't want a reflection, do NOT use a flash. Use a long exposure.... take it outside if you have to.
    I think I'm learning some basic stuff! Laughing.gif

ok here is Choc #4...

My Snack Stash:
    P1040604choc4a.jpg
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2011
    I liked the peppermint patty one. I think if you can follow Kate's suggestion and take your 'subject' outside or near a window, you could get something really nice out of it. I think it would be important to clean up the little bits of chocolate on the foil and on the white minty center. Make it look perfect :) Maybe you could also pour some melted chocolate over it to make it extra-chocolate-y. Mmmm.....
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2011
    Kinkajou wrote: »
    I liked the peppermint patty one. I think if you can follow Kate's suggestion and take your 'subject' outside or near a window, you could get something really nice out of it. I think it would be important to clean up the little bits of chocolate on the foil and on the white minty center. Make it look perfect :) Maybe you could also pour some melted chocolate over it to make it extra-chocolate-y. Mmmm.....
    unfortunately... that was the last choc peppermint patty! (it was quite tastey!) Laughing.gif

I took some other pics of chocolate cake yesterday and my son in law has a birthday to celebrate tonite with chocolate cake .. so will try taking shots of that too. Most of my shots are one time deals because the subject matter .. gets...... ummm ... eaten! Laughing.gif
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2011
    okkkkk .. here's another try! {{waits to hear what others say about this one)) Better??
    [update - I guess this will be my entry..] I can't take any more photos of chocolate.. I'm too tempted to make the chocolate disappear!]
    Choc 5

Sweet Temptation
    P1040654choc5.jpg
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2011
    I worked real hard on this image and hoped to get some comments on it.. I think everyone must be OD'd on chocolate because my cake photo didn't get anyone excited!
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2011
    Jenn - you did a good job. The main thing I would have done differently for presentation is not use the plastic lid but instead use a nice dish. Otherwise, it's nice and clear with good lighting.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2011
    SeascapeS wrote: »
    Jenn - you did a good job. The main thing I would have done differently for presentation is not use the plastic lid but instead use a nice dish. Otherwise, it's nice and clear with good lighting.

I didn't have a nice dish! Laughing.gif I took it to work in a plastic covered dish and the lid was all I had to take the photo in .. eek7.gif
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)