Shooting weddings with Leica S2???

haringharing Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
edited January 21, 2011 in Cameras
Do you know anybody who shoots weddings with a Leica S2? I would be interested to see how MF Leica copes with weddings... :)

Comments

• ProfessionalProfessional Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2011
    haring wrote: »
    Do you know anybody who shoots weddings with a Leica S2? I would be interested to see how MF Leica copes with weddings... :)

And why Leica S2? i saw someone using Hasselblad H3D or H4D i think, so are you asking about any MF camera or only Leica MF camera?
  • studio1972studio1972 Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2011
    I really can't see any advantage in using a MF camera compared to a good full frame camera and good lenses for weddings. The cons seem to far outweigh any pros as far as I can see.
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2011
    studio1972 wrote: »
    I really can't see any advantage in using a MF camera compared to a good full frame camera and good lenses for weddings. The cons seem to far outweigh any pros as far as I can see.
    I would tend to agree. Part of the reason that so many people were excited by the release of the Nikon D3X was the fact that it's resolution and dynamic range gave a lot of MF sensors quite a run for their money. And, with a 35mm DSLR you get access to 35mm lenses which are a HUGE system compared to most MF systems.

So, I'd say that using the Leica S2 for weddings would be at least 50% status symbol, 25% overkill, and 25% practical. If that makes sense...

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum