Options

#68 - first attempts

oldtown_dreameroldtown_dreamer Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
edited January 21, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
just as i feared, the challenge this time won't be in coming up with ideas, but exactly the opposite.

here are this morning's attempts. the subjects of #1 are no longer availble... they've moved to a higher plane (or something like that).

as always, thanks for looking.

1159872079_eFF4q-L.jpg

1159872642_S6kQf-L.jpg

1159872968_ue7ya-L.jpg

- Diana

Comments

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    Light and Shadow play...Now your Talkin!

The last photo is a great angle!
    tom wise
  • Options
    sunflowerstudiosunflowerstudio Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    #1 makes my mouth water, and I also like the light. I can imagine others objecting about the shadows.
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2011
    I like #1 as well. I can't decide whether I'd cool the light a tad to make the white plate truly white, or whether the warm tone works and keeps some kind of soft unification to the image. If you can get the plate to be white, it might make the color of the chocolate pop a bit more. I'm fine with the shadows. :)

#3 is interesting as well. I'd try to get down a little lower but keep the same angle to the side. I think that the white chocolate in that one doesn't add much, but I really love the little figures on the chocolate, especially the bittersweet chocolate. I might even try a row of several blocks of the bittersweet chocolate rather than using different varieties.

I enjoy that there is nothing too crazy going on in any of these photos... it feels like I'm looking at a still life. Really good ideas and nice, clean interpretation of the theme.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2011
    I really like #1, the angle of light & the sharpness - & I don't have a problem with the deep shadows. I think it adds to the mood of the shot, but people who prefer high key may not. I also like the repetition of #3 - & agree with Kinkajou that you could try a shot with a long line of the blocks, maybe a pattern or all one kind except for one oddball - something to play with. Nice job!
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    oldtown_dreameroldtown_dreamer Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2011
    thanks for all the feedback. so happy to hear i'm not the only one who likes the look of light and shadows.

i am posting #1 for now and playing with the concept of #3.

- Diana