1st submission! Pics of "the boy"

jmathewjmathew Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
edited September 19, 2005 in People
Complete beginner/amatuer here...with more equipment than talent - comments/tips will be welcomed and appreciated! I hope I attached these correctly....

35484650-M.jpg

36089559-M.jpg

35480117-M.jpg
Jefy Mathew

Comments

• ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2005
    Adorable.

I love 1 & 3, 2 is just odd because of the expression on his face, it's not fun, or curious or anything, kinda looks distraught. I love the way the light's coming through on his hair.
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • jmathewjmathew Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited September 18, 2005
    Thanks!

Yea...not crazy about the expression in #2, just thought the lighting was cool. Maybe this one is better? He's IMPOSSIBLE to pin down - refuses to sit still for a second.

36089557-M.jpg
    Adorable.

I love 1 & 3, 2 is just odd because of the expression on his face, it's not fun, or curious or anything, kinda looks distraught. I love the way the light's coming through on his hair.
    Jefy Mathew
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2005
    I think they are all lovely. I know what you mean I have a 14month old that just can't be kept still!

He is a gorgeous liitle man and I think these are great.thumb.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    I really like the first three that you posted. And I like the expression in #2. The one thing that I think you could start paying attention to is to not center your composition so much, but putting the subject off to one of the thirds.

He is adorable, the exposures are great, and the compositions are nice, too. I think it's just something to look toward in the future.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    jmathew wrote:
    Thanks!

Yea...not crazy about the expression in #2, just thought the lighting was cool. Maybe this one is better? He's IMPOSSIBLE to pin down - refuses to sit still for a second.

36089557-M.jpg
    Perfect!

iloveyou.gif it.
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    Hi Scott wave.gif welcome to dgrin lovely little chap. I love all 3 of the first grouping.. #2 is my fav.. great light.
    Thanks to all of you!

I'm definitely getting much more into photography now that I have him as a subject....and learning a ton from all of you on here - thanks again!

-Jeff
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi Scott wave.gif welcome to dgrin lovely little chap. I love all 3 of the first grouping.. #2 is my fav.. great light.
    Jefy Mathew
  • TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    I love the first for the pose/expression and the second for the great lighting. Nice job.
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72
  • polartownjunkiepolartownjunkie Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    when i see these pictures i get the feeling of a bright eyed youngster exploring his world, i dont mind him being centered at all, to me it'd be better to have him centered if you were trying to capture his personality rather than his appearance, and those stains on his shirt, brilliant
    since the origin of matter is matter
    shiny new thoughts are recycled clatter

down to my cell phone shooter,
    anyone have a decent early SD card digtal for grabs?

a doomed love
    The stains are from a special Photoshop plugin my boy created called "pudding pudding everywhere..."

when i see these pictures i get the feeling of a bright eyed youngster exploring his world, i dont mind him being centered at all, to me it'd be better to have him centered if you were trying to capture his personality rather than his appearance, and those stains on his shirt, brilliant
    Jefy Mathew
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    thumb.gif

wave.gif nice to see you here :D
  • mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    jmathew wrote:
    The stains are from a special Photoshop plugin my boy created called "pudding pudding everywhere..."
    pudding pudding everywhere, pudding pudding in the hair - whoops---really cute little guy, you are blessed...............Mereimage