Return Flight : RAAF Pilot

Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
edited September 19, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hello folks. I was hoping I might get some feedback on these shots. I originally went with the "traditional" portrait .....but now after seeing all the photoshop work...wonder if something else might not be better? Here are a few other ideas based on the original RAAF Pilot "mug" shot. Thanks for looking.

Cheers

BMP

Original Idea .

1)

49439929.jpg

Other variations on this theme:

2)

49449456.jpg

3)

49436674.jpg

4)

49409820.jpg

5)

49426045.jpg

6)

49435476.jpg

7)

49449454.jpg
Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com

Comments

• 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2005
    I like the original. The other are very creative for sure but I just like the first one best.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    I second that
    4labs wrote:
    I like the original. The other are very creative for sure but I just like the first one best.
    I think it matches the challenge theme just fine, you don't have to jump over your head in PP..
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • luckydogluckydog Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    Idea is a good one (I like the first one). I just hope that you don't think we still wear this kit :D

I was on the flightline today and didn't notice anyone in goggles.
    http://darrylluckphotography.smugmug.com

40D
    18-55mm, 28-105mm USM II, 50mm f/1.8, 400mm f/5.6
  • dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2005
    I also like the original better. They're all good but the first one seems to fit best. It's a great shot!

Erich
  • Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    Thanks for looking and the comments, folks. I appreciate it. Hmmm looks like I could have left well enough alone....and saved some time and effort. rolleyes1.gif I'm surprised someone didn't like the "extra gimmicky" ones.

I didn't feel like I went wild on the PP. Basically I just combined a couple/few images together. The 2nd shot I'll admit was a bit tricky...putting that original digital image into that set up militaria scene (goggles, flight helmet etc). It would have been so much easier to print out a photo and put it into the shot. Printer isn't working...so..doing it the hard way. eek7.gifumph.gifheadscratch.gif

I had plans of having me riding a bird (egret, ibis, GBH or pelican) in flight (in the flight gear of course)...but have not seen a bird in the backyard to shoot in well over a week. WHo stole my birds? Harry? Ben? Jeff?....Ginger...I know it was you!!! GIve 'em BACK, NOW!!! :D

Cheers

BMP
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    luckydog wrote:
    Idea is a good one (I like the first one). I just hope that you don't think we still wear this kit :D

I was on the flightline today and didn't notice anyone in goggles.

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif Nope...I don't thing "Down Under" is "Back A**wards". :D I'm not surprised there were not "goggles" on the flightline. Probably visors ..though? It is rather difficult to come by WWII Australian military here in the U.S. Especially tropical items from any Commonwealth allies. I am very fortunate to have 3 of these RAAF tropical battle dresses. The padded removable pilots wings are also very rare. The Type-D "airtex" flight helmet is British. I do like the British/Australian items. They are a bit more unusual.

Talley Ho

BMP
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com