Canon L lenses on Sony NEX5

PhotoskipperPhotoskipper Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
edited January 18, 2011 in Cameras
Think of getting the NEX with short lens for my wife so that she can shoot some picture with reasonable quality on our coming trip to UK in March. If I can use it as a back up for my 5DII, I may not need to carry the old 5D and reduce some weight.

Just wonder anybody tried to put the L-lens with the adaptor on to the NEX.
Photoskipper
flickr.com/photos/photoskipper/

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited January 17, 2011
    I think you lose all automation and there is no way to set the aperture using the EOS to NEX adapter.

I suggest buying your wife a dRebel T2i/550D and a good standard zoom. Then you can also use your Canon EF lenses, flashes, etc.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • PhotoskipperPhotoskipper Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    I do aware that it will lose all the auto functions. Unfortunately, the NEX is getting too hot in the part of world I live. My wife sounds out that she wants it. She found those DSLR still too big and not trendy enough. bowdown.gif

I did encounter the mirror assembly broken in the middle of nowhere during the trip in Egypt, battery dead and no power supply for following 48 hours . If I can just get just the 25 gm adaptor and standby for the 0.001% chance of all failure, it may be a good option. I used to the old manual lens during the films. Agree that the aperature may be a big issue.

Furthermore, if I can make use of the old Canon black lenses on the NEX for her, I may save another few hundred dollars. Still not sure.
    Photoskipper
    flickr.com/photos/photoskipper/