Options

Not Quite Go Figure But...

TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
edited January 19, 2011 in Go Figure
I thought some of the shots were a bit too much for the regular people section :dunno

This is a young model I know, Melanie. She's a really cool fun girl, and I helped to get her started in the car modeling industry. I wanted to try a few different things with makeup and 'props' so I had her over the other night and tried a few 'High-Key' shots in my kitchen. Let me know what you think!
11rzui1.jpg
2e4zsdx.jpg
fxs18n.jpg
#4 (I like her lips but hate everything else about this photo. She requested I process it this way)
30cmz9y.jpg
ixxrvp.jpg
#6 (this is one of my favorites :D)
28a3qf.jpg
15ofbwk.jpg
2ur00b5.jpg
2n7mkvq.jpg
2eeexau.jpg
#11 (this one is silly, lol)
2uzdzxz.jpg
(I know a few of these are overexposed, but it was my first time using my new speedlight and I was having some trouble with the settings)
Canon Fan

Comments

• Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    hello!! now I am hungry for cupcakes!!
    I really like the posing ideas and props. My favorites are...6, 19, 11. Most of the other images are too bright for my eyes, over exposed is maybe not the best description.. the backgrounds are so white they are hard to look at. #1 is super contrasty, also a bit hard on the eyes. I like #4, lips and all. Maybe my monitor is set too bright, or maybe yours is too dim. Great job though,I would like more of them if they weren't so bright, would never guess it was in a kitchen !!
    What is the stuff under her eyes? It looks cool but I can't quite see what it is.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    My new monitor is probably pretty dim, I went with a slightly cheaper one to be able to get a slightly bigger one, and haven't even touched the calibration on it yet.

The dots under her eyes are just liquid eyeliner, random! haha

My kitchen is all white and lime green, so it's pretty damn bright in there anyways, lol. But I really need to learn how to use my new flash. I was kind of just pushing random buttons and then firing away with it bouncing off the ceilings or walls, haha. It might also be good to note this photoshoot took place at 1AM after being at a car show all day, lol.
    Canon Fan
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    I think its a good start

I think you need high contrast for high key for important areas.

I've read where you should cloth the model in whites/ white background and concentrate the high contrast in the face/eyes

Not everybody likes high key (I do) so you'll get differing opinions (when you push the envelope)

Keep it up, you're on the right path
    Rags
  • Options
    konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2011
    Pretty blondes and knives scare the living daylights out of me. :D

I'm not a big fan of high key shots, but I like the poses and the eye contact with the camera.
    --- Kono ---
    Pentax K-x and assorted lenses