I know... but I was compelled to.

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited January 19, 2011 in People
Selective color that is.

Only the second image I've ever done selective color on because I kind of hate it... almost as much as murals painted in peoples bedrooms. However, I thought it worked for this image.

Whatcha all thinks?

1160917019_gt3Af-XL.jpg

BTW, I posted this in the Street & PJ forum but that place is a ghost town, at least for my posts, so I thought I'd put here for some feedback.
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    it works!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    Thanks Trudy! I thought it did. Actually, the color shot is very monochromatic as is since it's almost all glass and steel. So I thought, what the heck, let's really make those gals pop.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2011
    Try cropping to just below the light fixtures out of the middle top, add some contrast (make it really bright) and make the whole thing black and white.
    There is a cool tunnelling motion effect going on, but the selective color ruins the feel of the shot....my opinion may not be shared by others :).
  • WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2011
    I love it. I was actually thinking that the glass and steel made it a perfect candidate for selective color.

Of course, it wouldn't have worked if there had been more people in the frame, or if the two women hadn't been wearing such bright colors, or if you had snapped it a few seconds later, so I think this is still an example of a great shot, selective color or not. But the SC enhances it, IMHO.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"