Options

Thai Temples

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited January 24, 2011 in Journeys
Just some random shots of temples we saw throughout Thailand:

1 - Temple at Surin Beach

1153711507_6Pb6o-XL.jpg

2 - Not sure exactly where this one was... we found it while lost:

A
1153267650_dWiMS-XL.jpg

B
1153272844_qTaEx-XL.jpg

C
1153360415_fvB37-X2.jpg

4 - This temple was near the floating market we visited:

A
1153201589_i7bPT-XL.jpg

B
1153204996_qPaxk-XL.jpg

5 - Temples of the Grand Palace

A
1153454853_4foZf-XL.jpg

B
1153467183_FyYpY-XL.jpg

C
1153472284_X5x5Q-X2.jpg

D
1153462824_RQLTh-XL.jpg

E
1153459300_QFCmv-XL.jpg

F
1153461406_QQc9e-XL.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    lnormlnorm Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited January 19, 2011
    Great photos, I really like their sharpness and clarity
  • Options
    Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2011
    5a is pretty awesome. and I love the guy with the broom washing the street. that shot tells a story. good series.
  • Options
    hnjngohnjngo Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2011
    Looks like the sky was perfect for shooting. =)
    Nice set.
    Current Gear: Canon 40d, Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 580EX II
    Flickr
    Smugmug
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2011
    Very nice shots, looks like you used a pretty wide angle for these, which lens did you use?
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2011
    Thanks guys. The sky in Thailand was amazing. So blue when it wasn't raining, which it did for the first couple days we were there.

Shima... I shot all of these with my Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ATX. This is a DX lens but it worked awesome on my D700 FF. Only limitation is you have to keep it zoomed in at 16mm to avoid vignetting. No biggie... I use it like a prime lens now.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2011
    I had no idea there were so many amazing temples in Thailand until I saw your pictures.
    Great stuff.
  • Options
    JonoBJonoB Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited January 24, 2011
    I'm really enjoying shot D, the crispness and composition is very interesting. How long were you in Thailand?
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2011
    Mike... There are temples everywhere. Some were extremely ornate, while others were quite simple.

Jono... We were in Thailand for 8 days. First time there. My wife and I have been taking nice vacations every year for the last 6 or so years exploring potential places to retire. Before this trip, the Dominican Republic was at the top of the list. However, we both fell in love with Thailand and it's due to this love that we now have the Philippines at the top of the list.

The Philippines is very close to Thailand... a short flight so we could travel there often. Thailand is much cheaper than living in California but our dollar will go even further in the Philippines. Additionally, everyone in the Philippines speaks English, not the same in Thailand; we found it difficult to communicate and would have to become pretty fluent in the language. Lastly, healthcare is really good in the Philippines, well... as long as you have the money... and that's really important when you're old and crusty.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2011
    Beautiful. Not on my list of retirement locales but it has been on my bucket list for a number of years.
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac