Lockyer Valley,SE Qld Australia.

StevemacStevemac Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
edited January 22, 2011 in Landscapes
Hi guys ive not posted in awhile things going on blah blah and as most might of heard
SE Qld suffered catastrophic floods.

These were taken a week after the flood waters started to reside.

Panorama5.jpg

Panorama6.jpg

IMG_9425_3_4_tonemapped.jpg

Panorama7.jpg

Steve.

Comments

• NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2011
    Hi Steve, you certainly don't present them as scenes of a tragedy. They pop off the screen and the pages in all their euphoric exuberance!:D

I think you've done a great job with these, and your framing of them (would like to know how you did that). They're fine examples of the hyperbolic, for which I have a definite and unbashful weakness!

Technically they are very finessed.thumb.gif

(...just thought I'd throw a few words around, mate, give 'em a bit of an airin' like!mwink.gif)

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2011
    Beautiful colors and compositions, especially #4. That flooding is unimaginable and sad, but it made for some nice landscape shots for you. I hope things are improving for everyone there.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • StevemacStevemac Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    Hi Steve, you certainly don't present them as scenes of a tragedy. They pop off the screen and the pages in all their euphoric exuberance!:D

I think you've done a great job with these, and your framing of them (would like to know how you did that). They're fine examples of the hyperbolic, for which I have a definite and unbashful weakness!

Technically they are very finessed.thumb.gif

(...just thought I'd throw a few words around, mate, give 'em a bit of an airin' like!mwink.gif)

Neil

Thanks neil appreciated,To create my borders i just use the program faststone imageviewer thumb.gif

redleash wrote: »
    Beautiful colors and compositions, especially #4. That flooding is unimaginable and sad, but it made for some nice landscape shots for you. I hope things are improving for everyone there.

Lauren

Thankyou lauren things are improving out here slowly the whole community has pulled together
    to rebuild from this disaster,some more unfortunate than others but we will get there.

Its just a scary situation as we still have another 8 weeks of storm season left to contend with.

Steve.
  • clickin girlclickin girl Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2011
    These are so pretty! My faves are the 2nd and the 4th. I really like the square presentation on the last. Great job!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2011
    These are gorgeous and so peaceful! If you're posting, I'm assuming that you and yours are OK?
    edited January 21, 2011
    These are so pretty! My faves are the 2nd and the 4th. I really like the square presentation on the last. Great job!

Thankyou so much thumb.gif
    schmoo wrote: »
    These are gorgeous and so peaceful! If you're posting, I'm assuming that you and yours are OK?

Thanks for the comment,yes we got through by the skin of our teeth but was
    cut off from major roads for 3 days.

Steve.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2011
    I just visited your landscape gallery, Steve. You have such vibrant colors and your compositions are very nice. I really enjoyed the whole gallery!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited January 21, 2011
    redleash wrote: »
    I just visited your landscape gallery, Steve. You have such vibrant colors and your compositions are very nice. I really enjoyed the whole gallery!

Lauren

Thankyou lauren for taking the time to view my website thumb.gif

steve.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2011
    Beautiful color and gorgeous skys, I hope you were not affected by the flood.
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2011
    Love the first 2, really nice!