Options

Marketing Question

DECinNCDECinNC Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited January 22, 2011 in Weddings
I am considering contacting local companies such as wedding planners, party rentals, and DJs to see if they would mention me to their clients. I am thinking of offering something like a finders fee. Does anyone do anything like this and if so can you give some particulars?
Dale Childress

Comments

• Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2011
    That leaves a sour taste in many peoples mouths and you may burn bridges. Most people like to make recommendations based on who will satisfy their clients the best, so that they get thanked for making the recommendation in the first place.
  • Options
    run_kmcrun_kmc Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2011
    That leaves a sour taste in many peoples mouths and you may burn bridges. Most people like to make recommendations based on who will satisfy their clients the best, so that they get thanked for making the recommendation in the first place.

Agreed. A network of referrals will come if you work at it. It takes patience, work and time.
  • Options
    DmanningDmanning Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited January 21, 2011
    I don't think that offering a reward is really necessary. If you go out and meet people and they generally like you and believe in your product/service they will absolutely refer you. It makes people feel good to "know somebody".
  • Options
    dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2011
    Just make relationships with the other vendors. They will recommend you if you treat your customers right..

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX