DV - Part Three

jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
edited January 22, 2011 in Landscapes
The first 3 are from the Zabriskie Point area.
1163408233_2ShJw-L.jpg

1163409440_g2d4p-L.jpg

1163410024_jZAtV-L.jpg

These 2 are Badwater at sunset.
1163411345_A67fH-L.jpg

and with a wee little moon
1163412135_ndgX5-L.jpg

Mesquite Dunes
1163417542_9T8Hd-L.jpg

How's that footprint(s) in the sand thing go :scratch ?
1163418293_nnzHG-L.jpg

C&C Welcome and Needed :deal
"Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
-Fleetwood Mac

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2011
    clap.gif This is what I was waiting for!

I wish the 2nd shot had more of the mountain range in the back. It feels chopped off and crowded.

#3 - wish this had more on the top as well but the wider angle doesn't provide the same feeling of crowded as #2

The Badwater shots are just awesome and make me want to go back up there right now. iloveyou.gif

Detail in the 2nd to last shot is amazing.

Really nice work David! thumb.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited January 21, 2011
    Awesome shots, David. Definitely your best set from DV yet. bowdown.gif

Now I see what you were doing with that 135 F2.0 at Zabriske. Very nice. The badwater sunset shots are to die for. Great job, my friend. clap.gif
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2011
    Very nice.

I think the Bad water images can be improved by knocking down the blue in the salt deposits.

Sam
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2011
    really nice series. I would have taken liberties with the moon at badwater and blended a telephoto shot of it with your composition. I love both your badwater shots, great low low perspective. Beautiful mountain shots as well!
  • TreyHoffTreyHoff Registered Users Posts: 388 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2011
    Very well done....wonderful lighting.
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2011
    anwmn1 wrote: »
    clap.gif This is what I was waiting for!

I wish the 2nd shot had more of the mountain range in the back. It feels chopped off and crowded.

#3 - wish this had more on the top as well but the wider angle doesn't provide the same feeling of crowded as #2

The Badwater shots are just awesome and make me want to go back up there right now. iloveyou.gif

Detail in the 2nd to last shot is amazing.

Really nice work David! thumb.gif
    Appreciate it Aaron. These are what I have been waiting to post. Some of the others were definitely weak, but I was working thru both getting the rust out and testing out Photomatix Pro.

On the Zabriskie stuff, your points are well taken. Those were taken in late afternoon (shadows kind of tell that) and the skies were way hot. So I cut them out mwink.gif
    kdog wrote: »
    Awesome shots, David. Definitely your best set from DV yet. bowdown.gif

Now I see what you were doing with that 135 F2.0 at Zabriske. Very nice. The badwater sunset shots are to die for. Great job, my friend. clap.gif
    Thanks Joel. Love that lens, up there with my 35L.biggrinbounce2.gif
    Sam wrote: »
    Very nice.

I think the Bad water images can be improved by knocking down the blue in the salt deposits.

Sam
    Thanks for looking and your comment Sam. Those were both Photomatix and the salt tone is very evident in the normal and under exposures. But your point is noted about toning them down more.
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    really nice series. I would have taken liberties with the moon at badwater and blended a telephoto shot of it with your composition. I love both your badwater shots, great low low perspective. Beautiful mountain shots as well!
    Thank you Doug. I have some from later in the week looking towards Natural Bridge where I did just that. But I still have to process them.
    TreyHoff wrote: »
    Very well done....wonderful lighting.
    I appreciate your looking and feedback Trey.
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac