Where are my pictures?

HornplayerHornplayer Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited January 23, 2011 in Cameras
I can't load my D700 software, and when I try to download my pictures in Windows Vista, the computer puts them in the hardest to find places imaginable. How can I download a D700 driver from the internet? My computer's CD reader is broken.

Comments

• puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2011
    Have you considered using a card reader instead?

pp
  • PhotoskipperPhotoskipper Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2011
    You may check the Support page from the Nikon website and see whether they have the softcopy for webdownload.

The software usually saved in the program folder and they may also has the short cut on the desktop.

Using the card reader to copy the picture files into your document file and use the window picture viewer or other photo viewer to see is possible. It is possible to open those downloaded photo files by any of the photo editing software.

Let us know if it can help.
    Photoskipper
    flickr.com/photos/photoskipper/
  • SoCalAlSoCalAl Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited January 21, 2011
    I have an HP Vista laptop and there are no drivers to download images directly from my D3. Card reader is the only way for me on that unit. ne_nau.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2011
    Plug in your camera and look in my computer for it...my D300 shows up as Nikon D300...then click on that...then cyou get the DCIM file clik on that to and now you have your photo files (I have always used a custom file system so you get here sooner.....you can drag this file to any place you wish or open it and drag the photos to where you want them....I do this but I use either a card reader (on desktop) or with my Express card to CF adapter.......

Hope this helps.................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2011
    all you have the same problem.

you are on Windows!

;)
    //Leah
    edited January 22, 2011
    SoCalAl wrote: »
    I have an HP Vista laptop and there are no drivers to download images directly from my D3. Card reader is the only way for me on that unit. ne_nau.gif
    Switch the camp to Canonne_nau.gif
    Photoskipper
    edited January 22, 2011
    I can open the Jpg file from Nikon, the file name start with DSCXXXX.

For RAW files, you need to go to get the decoder from any of the download site. It is FOC. http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61

Good luck!
    Photoskipper
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2011
    Art Scott wrote: »
    Plug in your camera and look in my computer for it...my D300 shows up as Nikon D300...then click on that...then cyou get the DCIM file clik on that to and now you have your photo files (I have always used a custom file system so you get here sooner.....you can drag this file to any place you wish or open it and drag the photos to where you want them....I do this but I use either a card reader (on desktop) or with my Express card to CF adapter.......

Hope this helps.................
    If only it were this easy! The Nikon D300 was one of the last cameras with easy access to the USB storage options... (mass storage vs PTP or whatever it's called) The D700 and D7000, on the other hand, may require the program "Nikon Transfer" in order to even SEE the camera as being attached to the computer at all. Fortunately, Nikon Transfer has a very easy option for changing the download location, so I'm not sure what the problem is here...?

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum