Options

Delete our own posts?

kithylinkithylin Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
edited January 23, 2011 in Dgrin Forum Support
I don't seem to find an option to delete our own threads / posts anywhere in the thread tools or anywhere else in the user control panel. Is there a reason for this? I frequent many forums websites on the internet and quite a lot allow users to delete their own posts, but here we can not, it seems, unless I'm just blind (It's happened before!).

Is there a reason behind this? The only other option I can see is just edit it and put something like "this post deleted by user" and hope the mods will find it and remove it. Like when I first came to this forum site I posted a leaf in the wrong section, and later moved it, but I could not remove the original thread to clean myself up on my own, so to speak.
Sony Alpha SLT-A35 16.5 MP DSLR
Minolta AF Zoom 70-210 F/4.5-5.6
Minolta AF Zoom 35-70 F/3.5-4.5
Places I post my work DeviantArt & FLICKR

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited January 23, 2011
    Kithylin,

It's a quirk of the software the Dgrin uses. Users can delete their own posts, but if the post is the first in a thread they cannot, as that deletes a whole thread, which potentially deletes the posts of other users as well. All you have to do is post a request in the Requests to Moderators thread and we'll be glad to take care of it. Be sure to include a link to the thread you want deleted. thumb.gif
  • Options
    kithylinkithylin Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2011
    That's sensible enough, thank you for that information. I was just wondering, is all :D
    Sony Alpha SLT-A35 16.5 MP DSLR
    Minolta AF Zoom 70-210 F/4.5-5.6
    Minolta AF Zoom 35-70 F/3.5-4.5
    Places I post my work DeviantArt & FLICKR