Options

New SmugMug to Facebook app

2»

Comments

• Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2011
    Sweet! Someone has this working. :) SM's own app now has a higher bar to hit. thumb.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    xenodiumxenodium Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited September 12, 2011
    SamirD wrote: »
    Sweet! Someone has this working. :) SM's own app now has a higher bar to hit. thumb.gif

sounds like page support is now working for all! good to hear :) enjoy...
  • Options
    westiswestis Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited September 17, 2011
    The "Next" button is greyed out. How do I get past that? I've entered my SmugMug username and selected "As myself".
  • Options
    edited September 18, 2011
    westis wrote: »
    The "Next" button is greyed out. How do I get past that? I've entered my SmugMug username and selected "As myself".

The "next" button should enable itself as soon as you type a username. Post a screenshot or send me a private message and I can help you over Skype.

Alvaro
  • Options
    voicelitvoicelit Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    Photo Smuggler Stopped working Oct 25 - 26
    No idea where to go for help with this. Photo Smuggler was great, I was using it VERY happily everyday. Yea, I figure the SmugMug App to send photos to FaceBook probably screwed it up. The SmugMug App is useless, hopeless. Now we've got nothing .. Typical. Very sad.
  • Options
    voicelitvoicelit Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    Here is the message that has just been posted:
    It is some security issue at Facebook, as I just found it. Smuggler opens up in iframes, and FB has fits over it. I tried another browser and it gave me warnings about the frames, but allowed me to continue, and this was 5 minutes ago.

I had posted an error also, but deleted it. Smugmug's app loses watermarks on all horizontal pics that I have, keeps vertical.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    voicelit wrote: »
    No idea where to go for help with this. Photo Smuggler was great, I was using it VERY happily everyday. Yea, I figure the SmugMug App to send photos to FaceBook probably screwed it up. The SmugMug App is useless, hopeless. Now we've got nothing .. Typical. Very sad.

Hi, please write our heroes, we can assist - if you can give us precise description of what's happening, thanks! http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    mylogonmylogon Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Hi, please write our heroes, we can assist - if you can give us precise description of what's happening, thanks! http://help.smugmug.com

I am using IE8 and it comes up with the error:

This content cannot be displayed in a frame

To help protect the security of information you enter into this website, the publisher of this content does not allow it to be displayed in a frame.
    What you can try:

bullet.png Open this content in a new window

If you open it in a new window, and then do it again for the same error in the new window -it works for me. You can also try Slimbrowser - if you have too many addons to IE, as it works too.

I have noticed it seems to be losing the gallery names -but it was doing that last week. It may just be that I have long names.
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2011
    voicelit wrote: »

Just verified it and indeed facebook has broken compatibility with photo smuggler. I'm currently away for work and won't have much time to give smuggler some love. I'll let you know when it's fixed again. Very frustrating. It's not the first time facebook has broken things...
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2011
    xenodium wrote: »
    Just verified it and indeed facebook has broken compatibility with photo smuggler. I'm currently away for work and won't have much time to give smuggler some love. I'll let you know when it's fixed again. Very frustrating. It's not the first time facebook has broken things...

Just fixed it. Can someone else confirm it's working?
  • Options
    jontreblejontreble Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 16, 2012
    Re: New SmugMug to Facebook app
    Hi, thanks for building this great export tool. Have you verified whether it is back up and working correctly with FB pages?
  • Options
    jontreblejontreble Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 16, 2012
    Re: Facebook HTTPS support not working
    Seems like FB is not allowing the app to be used because it doesn't support HTTPS?

Here's a cloudly screenshot: http://cl.ly/123u2a0U0o1G1K1S122C
  • Options
    ehpdesignsehpdesigns Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2012
    jontreble wrote: »
    Seems like FB is not allowing the app to be used because it doesn't support HTTPS?

Here's a cloudly screenshot: http://cl.ly/123u2a0U0o1G1K1S122C

Would definitely be helpful if this app was up-and-running again.
  • Options
    mylogonmylogon Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited February 11, 2012
    Facebook said that, in October, that no app would be supported if it was not secure.

Also, Smugmug has their own app that does the same thing, just a lot "clunkier." Go to the Drarkroom and check it out.