Century Plaza Towers

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited January 24, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
My wife and I went to the Anneberg Space for Photography yesterday to check out their "Extreme Exposures" exhibit. I had my camera with me so I decided to take a few shots of the Century Plaza Towers. BTW, I guess photography of the these buildings is prohibited. I was asked by security to stop once they noticed me laying on my back taking photos :dunno Maybe a post-9/11 thing.

Are these interesting at all? I don't usually shoot this kind of stuff so would like to get feedback.

1166584237_TbBBZ-X2.jpg

1166586134_M2qeK-XL.jpg

1166587872_7fiNg-XL.jpg

1166583757_CRmcX-X2.jpg

5 - My wife checking her text messages
1166586954_Gb3LA-X2.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2011
    I really like all of these, especially the black and white treatments. #1 and #4 are my favorites :-)
    Canon Fan
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2011
    Seriously you have stepped into a whole nother league since you started using that wide angle. You should glue that to your camera :).
    These are really very good.
    The last one, with that amazing light is a step above.
  • r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2011
    What focal length did you use for the first shot!?

OMG I'm in LOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

(I'm a huge wide angle lover and that first shot is KILLER)

EDIT: Getting low to the ground was a GREAT idea.

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2011
    You, Sir definitely have an eye for good composition. I agree, keep that lens glued to your D700 and just shoot, shoot, shoot! rolleyes1.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2011
    WOW! I never expected such great responses on these. I shoot what feels right to me but I still don't feel confident that my photos will be good to others so it is really cool to hear you guys like them. My wife says I'm too critical of myself, I don't think so but maybe she is right.

Mike... I'm really enjoying this lens. I've had it for quite some time but now that I am forced to use it (my other lens is still in the shop), I'm really finding it to be so much more than just for shooting landscape. I'm also getting better at knowing how to use it. You really have to get in close and personal with a lens like this and I like that. You also need to really explore different angles because some work so much better than others and it is always different with each subject.

Wally... All these were shot at 16mm on a full frame body.

My Smug Site
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2011
    You said it...it is to the point now that the next photo you post with any other lens is going to be a letdown ha.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2011
    16 mm eh? Wow... I really like 1 and 4 great angle, great shots!
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2011
    zoomer wrote: »
    You said it...it is to the point now that the next photo you post with any other lens is going to be a letdown ha.

Mike... this is why I've decided to keep both my D300 and D700. I want to be able to have my WA available at all times so having two bodies will be nice. Much easier than switching lenses on the go.

My Smug Site
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2011
    I think they work really well .. very interesting. The lines are fantastic. You kept them simple too which really helps show off the lines and structure of the buildings.