Friday Night Football - Valdosta Wildcats

tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
edited September 20, 2005 in Sports
The are all manual at f/2.8 1/400 ISO 1600 70-200 2.8 IS. I did use fill flash ETTL at -1 FEC (580EX).
36603663-L.jpg

He made this catch for a 77 yard TD.
36592817-M.jpg

36585358-M.jpg

36588150-M.jpg

36596647-L.jpg

One of the other teams kick returner.
36600013-M.jpg
Thomas :D

TML Photography
tmlphoto.com

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited September 19, 2005
    All good Thomas thumb.gifthumb.gif You captured some really nice action clap.gif

I notice some of the shots look like they were distant. Like the 2nd one. How did the 580 do for these? Did it reach?

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2005
    All good Thomas thumb.gifthumb.gif You captured some really nice action clap.gif

I notice some of the shots look like they were distant. Like the 2nd one. How did the 580 do for these? Did it reach?

Steve
    Thanks Steve. I'm not sure how much the flash was really doing. I had it turned way down to try and provide a little fill on the closer shots. I need to try some without it and see if it really makes any difference. I didn't want the flash to be obvious. I do think it makes some of the faces more visible on the closer shots. Thanks for looking.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited September 20, 2005
    tmlphoto wrote:
    Thanks Steve. I'm not sure how much the flash was really doing. I had it turned way down to try and provide a little fill on the closer shots. I need to try some without it and see if it really makes any difference. I didn't want the flash to be obvious. I do think it makes some of the faces more visible on the closer shots. Thanks for looking.

Thomas,
    Maybe even a good time to try a better beamer? ne_nau.gif If it extends the flashes reach for birds, it should also help for night football or soccer? headscratch.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero