Options

how to add link to a recent post in sig/end of post?

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited February 2, 2011 in Dgrin Forum Support
I was thinking it would be nice to add a link to a recent thread I started at the end of a comment/critique post. Something along the lines of 'If you feel this c/c was helpful, please consider commenting on my recent post - link".
I'm not sure if there is code built into the forum that will automatically enter the most recent thread(s) started by me so I don't have to go through the steps of looking up my last 1-2 posts.
Appreciate any input
E

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2011
    There isn't - you'd have to do this manually, sorry.
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2011
    Thanks Andy. Appreciate the quick reply. Had a couple of posts recently that have fallen by the wayside with few if any comments despite my taking the time to write careful critiques of others. Thought this might be an easy way to generate a few critiques of my work. May try the manual approach - though I doubt I'll remember before hitting the 'post' button headscratch.gif
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited February 2, 2011
    It's not exactly what you were asking for, but you could put a link in your sig to a search for threads you have started. In your case, the URL would be: http://www.dgrin.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=6168&starteronly=1 There's probably a parameter you could add to limit the search to the X most recent results, but I'd have to look that up.

I rather doubt it would accomplish much, though, as people would have to click twice to actually get to a thread, and that's just so much work. mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2011
    Thanks Richard. I tried the manual method and, while cumbersome, it worked well. I'll just need to remember to put it in when I post comments.
    E