Kids of Boracay

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited January 25, 2011 in People
Just a few of my favorite shots of the kids I met while in Boracay, Philippines. These were taken with my Nikon 28-70mm f/2.8 before I dropped it.

1 - Boracay skim boarder. You'll find them on the beach. They rent their boards to tourists for a few pesos per hour. He tried to get me to rent one but I asked him if I could take a few shots. I gave him a few pesos afterwards to compensate him for his time. This is my favorite shot of the series:

1167578860_hXbi7-X2.jpg

2 - This little girl was quite the charmer. The three of them were selling little trinkets made from shells and other stuff. She smiled me out of a few bucks and I gave her the item I bought back to her since I had no use for it:

1167577982_MCuQv-X2.jpg

3 - Here she posed for a quick photo:

1167577703_8L7hW-X2.jpg

4 - This guy was covering himself in sand as I walked by. He saw me with my camera and gave me a quick peace sign:

1167578947_3neWC-X2.jpg

5 - Later, he came back with two of his buddies. This shot cracked me up. Especially the little guy on the right. Doesn't he look like a miniature grown man?

1167578555_oZfwm-X2.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments