Siberian Husky B&W Test

kithylinkithylin Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
edited January 26, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Trying to play with CS4 a little and the Black And White tool, I think this looks good to me, but what do y'all think?

B&W
5388130316_48914c42b9_b.jpg

Original
siberan_husky_in_sun_1_by_aquavixie-d37kj5d.jpg

C&C welcome.
Sony Alpha SLT-A35 16.5 MP DSLR
Minolta AF Zoom 70-210 F/4.5-5.6
Minolta AF Zoom 35-70 F/3.5-4.5
Places I post my work DeviantArt & FLICKR

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited January 26, 2011
    Pretty good conversion. I'd bring up the background a bit so there's more separation of the dog from the background. As it is, the rim of the dog's right ear has disappeared into the sidewalk. Also, not related to processing, but next time maybe shoot the dog more at his level to get a better connection.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2011
    Just responding to the conversion:

Crisp B&W, and you didn't plug the shadows too bad... Looks pretty good to me thumb.gif
    Randy
  • kithylinkithylin Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    Pretty good conversion. I'd bring up the background a bit so there's more separation of the dog from the background. As it is, the rim of the dog's right ear has disappeared into the sidewalk. Also, not related to processing, but next time maybe shoot the dog more at his level to get a better connection.

thanks for the suggestion, i might try that. I've been focusing a lot on technically taking the photographs correctly for the past few months, rather than composition, I'll try and work on it a bit.

This is the other shot i took, maybe since both ears are lit up on this other one it might of made a better black and white candidate? hrmm....

And she's MY husky.. I love her and I know she's beautiful :)

siberan_husky_in_sun_3_by_aquavixie-d37kkyg.jpg
    Sony Alpha SLT-A35 16.5 MP DSLR
    Minolta AF Zoom 70-210 F/4.5-5.6
    Minolta AF Zoom 35-70 F/3.5-4.5
    Places I post my work DeviantArt & FLICKR
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2011
    Kithy, this one is definitely better. I think your exposure is OK. Composition wise, I think you really did good on this one. thumb.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/