Options

B&W Glamour (maybe NSFW)

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited January 29, 2011 in People
OK... I've been on a total black & white kick for the last couple months. I took these just before we left for our trip in December and I never got around to processing them. I decided to go with B&W. I must say, I love the way they turned out. Would love to hear what you all think. Post some comments, good and bad.

1168116913_mruVF-X2.jpg

1168117018_wRR9H-X2.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2011
    Awesome shots and processing. You're lucky to have a sport wife to pose for you. :D Just a suggestion, I'd probably 'liquify' the left arm a little bit to lessen the bulge. I know professional glamour photographers do this kind of manipulation once in a while (or most of the time?headscratch.gif ). :D
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited January 25, 2011
    Wicked. The processing is amazing. Her arms look fine to me, well muscle toned.
  • Options
    triangulartriangular Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited January 26, 2011
    Great lighting. I think I like the first one a little more, where she is not looking at the camera. Very sexy and beautiful photography.
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2011
    Thanks guys.

@Jiro... Yes, I'm very lucky to have a wife like the one I have, that is comfortable in her own skin and will help me to improve my photography. We have fun with it and I never ask her to do anything she's not comfortable doing. We've been married now for 19 years so it's really cool that we still do stuff like this together. A lot of people that know us think were strange because we like each so much. BTW, altering her arms? Uh... not going there. The last thing I want is for her to think I don't like her arms. I find her arms very attractive. Just enough muscle tone but still soft like a woman should be. There are still men out there that aren't attractive to twiggy gals that look like prepubescent boys with long heir :D

@Kdog... thanks man. Like I said, I've always been fond of B&W but lately, I just can't stop converting images. I think it's that I've finally tweaked my conversion technique so that I'm happy with it. Maybe I've also found my niche. Who knows.

@triangular... again, thank you. I think I also like the first one but I can't stop looking at the second. I love her eyes, but love her eyebrows even more. Is that weird... for a guy to love his wife's eyebrows???

My Smug Site
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2011
    lovely lovely shots!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2011
    Love it! Beautiful!
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2011
    Thank you Angie. I love that you love them.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2011
    Beautiful, Alex. I think I prefer the first simply because in the second I'm trying to connect with her eyes, but the angle makes it slightly uncomfortable; in the first, because she's looking away, my eyes just travel the lines of the pose and comp.

She's so lovely, and you do a beautiful job of photographing her!
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2011
    Very pretty. I like them both. I also noticed her arm, but had a positive response. She looks strong AND soft. As one of the twiggy gals, I'm a little jealous (okay, I'm not quite as twiggy after 2 kids). You are a smart man to not mess with your wife's arms! She would know, wouldn't she?
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2011
    divamum wrote: »
    Beautiful, Alex. I think I prefer the first simply because in the second I'm trying to connect with her eyes, but the angle makes it slightly uncomfortable; in the first, because she's looking away, my eyes just travel the lines of the pose and comp.

She's so lovely, and you do a beautiful job of photographing her!

Thank you Diva. It's funny you mentioned that about the second image. After reading your comment, I scrolled up to look at it. I sat there thinking, "What's Diva talking about uncomfortable angles?" Then I noticed I had my head cocked to one side so that I can look into her eyes from the same perspective she's in. rolleyes1.gif
    Very pretty. I like them both. I also noticed her arm, but had a positive response. She looks strong AND soft. As one of the twiggy gals, I'm a little jealous (okay, I'm not quite as twiggy after 2 kids). You are a smart man to not mess with your wife's arms! She would know, wouldn't she?

She would know but as you said, no need.

BTW, if I'm not mistaken, I've seen photos of you that you've posted. I don't remember you being so twiggy... unless those twigs have curves. mwink.gif

My Smug Site
  • Options
    clickin girlclickin girl Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2011
    Beautiful B&W! So clear and the colors are spot on! And you have a very pretty wife which always helps!
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2011
    Lovely, could you explain your PP.
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2011
    Thank you CG.

Charles, I'd be happy to share and flattered that you asked. I will post from home later this afternoon.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2011
    Wonderful tonal range, with no muddiness. The first one's perspective seems fine by me and while not bothersome, I do see the issue of head bending on #2. Overall though excellent shots.
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2011
    As soon as I saw the first image pop up on my screen...the only thought that came to mind was, WOW. Very nice processing and lighting...start charging lots of money...really.

Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2011
    Very nice shots Alex. I am curious, what are you using to do the conversion to B&W. I also agree never edit anything on the wife's photo without her okay. DAMHIK, IJK.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact