[Film] First developed Picture, Kasey at Tahoe

DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
edited September 20, 2005 in People
So Kasey and I went to Tahoe one evening, and she was standing in the sunset, her camera in her hand, ready to find something to take a photograph of. I found it a perfect photo op.

This is my first developed photo ever. I developed the film and the photo at the lab and darkroom at my University, (UNR). I think I did a decent job in the dev. process.

kasey43qr.jpg

The original photo had a lot more black at the bottom, but I cut it out, as it was unsightly (Kind of like that sunset photo I posted a little while ago, I was just too lazy to crop it and repost it).

Tell me what you think. :) The duotone is natural and I think it's because the paper was exposed to a redlight that wasn't meant to be in the darkroom.
Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.

Comments

• DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2005
    Decided to do a little more cropping, almost panoramic now.

kasey53gw.jpg
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    you need to clean the dust up, scanner dust is a Biotch. i don't think i make the best subject though....i guess that's why i prefer being behind the camera.:D pretty good for your first print though. i don't remember my first print. it's been far too long. you should ask about people who aren't in the photo class bein able to use the darkroom.
  • DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    I will ask. But you're a great subject in this photograph, I think. :) The photo of you and the lake, the way your looking out at it gives a great atmosphere, mood to the picture. It makes it much more attractive, but that's just my opinion. :)
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    I like it. The duo tone is really interesting. I have never had red lights do that to a print. And if a safelight was leaking it would turn the print more grey than sepia I thought. I was working in the darkroom tonight and had half my prints end up with brown marks from not washed off properly fixative (you would think i would have learned by nowrolleyes1.gif) I just wasn't watching the clock well enough I guess.

As far as the composition, it's nice, but it could go a little more towards the rule of thirds...EG If she was to the far right of the scene and there was more lake to the left..

But its a great first print. I remember mine it was terrible. I was so excited as it developed...But then there were big watermarks and a scratch so I think you did greatthumb.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • OneWayMuleOneWayMule Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    Great shot and love the duo. thumb.gif

(The uncropped version is heaps better imo)