Options

can you suggest an online matt supplier

GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
edited January 27, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
Can anyone here recommend a good online matt supplier?

Ive been searching but I thought someone here may have personal experience with some.

Im looking for good quality but more importantly cheap prices.

Comments

• Options
    lfortierlfortier Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2011
    Mat Board
    Two that I use are:

www.documounts.com
    and
    www.dickblick.com

Both offer a variety with reasonable shipping charges.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2011
    here is one I found......... http://www.redimat.com/ ....I have not bought from them yet but will be giving them a try later on ......they are way cheaper than my local Hobby Lobby or Michael's ....... and that is my only choices for mats in my area, oh except wally world and kbart both of which are actually higher in price than the 2 hobby stores.........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    woellerdwoellerd Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2011
    I also use Documounts. I can get everything I need in one place. Mats, backboards, clearbags, mounting supplies, frames. I generally buy blanks with no cutouts as I cut the opening myself to fit the individual image.
    Dave Woeller

My Galleries: DWPhotoworks

My Blog Page: DWPhotoworksblog

Become a fan: DWPhotoworksfan
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2011
    GerryDavid wrote: »
    Can anyone here recommend a good online matt supplier?

Ive been searching but I thought someone here may have personal experience with some.

Im looking for good quality but more importantly cheap prices.

You want good, archival, or just some flat colored cardboard type stuff with a hole in it?

Frame Destination has high quality archival mats and a line of decorative non archival mats.

Sam
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2011
    Art Scott wrote: »
    here is one I found......... http://www.redimat.com/ ....I have not bought from them yet but will be giving them a try later on ..

I use redimat all the time (they are local to me) and love their mats and service.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    stirinthesaucestirinthesauce Registered Users Posts: 293 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2011
    I use redimat all the time (they are local to me) and love their mats and service.

I use redimat as well. Just started using them this past summer and extremely satisfied with their products.

edited to add:

They offer all I need from precut boards, backing and clearbags. great selection and great prices.