Options

Yongnuo - Lost in space? Alternatives?

JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
edited January 27, 2011 in Accessories
I'm really, REALLY disappointed. :( I ordered a transmitter/4 receivers (the 602's), a 460 flash and external battery pack from Yongnuo back in early December. As of now, NOTHING. They did provide tracking and all it shows is the packages both left China on Dec 10. No other updates since then. That's 7 weeks since they left the country. The Yongnuo rep wrote back earlier this month and offered a refund, but at the time I said I'd wait a bit longer. Just replied back again asking for a refund since it seems these things will never get here.

I'd love to get a set of the 602 transmitters... I also really wanted to get my hands on their battery pack and flash to give them a go to see how they would do vs my Canon 580's for sports. But at this point, waiting 2 months isn't an option.

Are there any websites BASED IN THE USA that sell these things that might have them in stock?

FYI, this is what USPS.COM currently says about my packages..
-Foreign International Dispatch, December 10, 2010, 10:58 am, SHENZHEN, CHINA PEOPLES REP
-Foreign Acceptance, December 08, 2010, 9:53 am, PORTEE

Comments

• Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2011
    This is really odd Jim! It would have sorely tested the patience of a saint!

These guys are not an obscure outfit operating from a backyard shed, so the reason is in the shipping. I would be pressing USPS hard for a full investigation of your purchase's whereabouts. It has been Xmas-New Year, and so heavy demand on an understaffed service, but even so...!

Yes, I have seen this gear advertised on US shop sites, so you should be able to find it. I don't have any links to hand for you, unfortunately.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,915 moderator
    edited January 26, 2011
    I have not tried them but many folks like "Cowboy Studio" products and they have a couple of different styles of radio slaves. I do suggest the 16 channel models, both to give more channel options in "congested" applications and because my own research indicates that the 16 channel slaves have fewer reports of problems.

The model most similar to the "Yongnou RF-602" seem to be:

Canon:

http://www.cowboystudio.com/product/c14/p140704-09.php

Nikon:

http://www.cowboystudio.com/product/c14/p140704-07.php
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2011
    Ziggy, the cowboy are Yongnou RF-602's . Same thing. I just can't see where they offer individual receivers or anything other than a transmit/receive pair. I ordered the transmit/4 receiver from Yongnou which was around $100. I know I'll pay more, but I don't even see the ability to buy more receivers by themselves.
  • Options
    r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2011
    I've ordered Yongnuo RF triggers/receivers and never had a problem from Hong Kong.

I order a Yongnuo flash from New Jersey and the box came empty. My post office person said they wouldn't even give me the box (which was in some kind of evidence bag) since it was empty.

Good luck!!

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr