Three Trees in Winter

lfortierlfortier Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
edited January 28, 2011 in Landscapes
We've received close to 5ft of snow in 5 weeks. Enough is enough. Cabin fever is beginnning to set in. I grabbed the camera and went out yesterday looking for something (anything) to shoot.
I found some trees. Enjoy.

1168780837_s38oC-XL.jpg

Gibbett Hill Farm, Groton, MA
Photoshop + OnONe Photo Frame

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2011
    A classic winter scene! Agree on the 'enough already'...
    Good choice turning this one into B+W. Like the burnt egdes as well thumb.gif
    E

*my mistake, on the work computer, this looked black and white. now at home and can appreciate the muted colors
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2011
    I really like this shot as well, although I do not believe it is a B&W, as the previous poster mentioned. If you look at the 2nd fence post from the left it appears to have a small amount of brown in it. I think it is just a good example of how little color appears in nature at various places during the winter.

Great exposure on the shot, by the way. It can be very difficult to get that right with the snow throwing off the in-camera metering.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited January 27, 2011
    Very nice.

I join you on the "enough already" cry!

--- Denise
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2011
    I too chime in with the enough already. I'm just down the street in Westford and it's getting painful.

As I was scrolling the page I noticed an unintentional crop. I kind of liked the image without the bottom set of fences. Gave it a very minimalist feel.
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2011
    Love these types of shots. Great eye.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2011
    This is great but sorry for your spring fever. I like this as is but I would make another version in a total black and white and yet another version with the fences cloned out. This is lovely as it is though.thumb.gif
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2011
    I really like the shot! I very much like minimal tree shots, and this one in snow is wonderfully done. I'll gladly trade you snowbirds for a little of the white stuff--it's sunny and 60s here, although there was a bit of frost on the grass yesterday morning.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2011
    redleash wrote: »
    I really like the shot! I very much like minimal tree shots, and this one in snow is wonderfully done. I'll gladly trade you snowbirds for a little of the white stuff--it's sunny and 60s here, although there was a bit of frost on the grass yesterday morning.

Take me! We are north of MA and have been "enjoying" storm after storm -NOT!

This is a lovely photo. It might have a twitch more impact if the trees began closer to the left side because their tops follow the slope of the hill behind. Nice job.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada