Speedlite spare parts?

jm94085jm94085 Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
edited February 10, 2011 in Cameras
Does anyone know where one can purchase spare parts to repair a speelite? Specifically I have a Canon 430ex that was mounted to my 7D and after an unfortunate accident, well, the speedlite broke off at the hotshoe mount.

The flash works, I just need to replace some of the plastic housing around the bottom of the flash so that the hotshoe fixture will screw back into the flash where the plasics broke off.

Thanks for your hlep.

Regards,
John

Comments

• insanefredinsanefred Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2011
    jm94085 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where one can purchase spare parts to repair a speelite? Specifically I have a Canon 430ex that was mounted to my 7D and after an unfortunate accident, well, the speedlite broke off at the hotshoe mount.

The flash works, I just need to replace some of the plastic housing around the bottom of the flash so that the hotshoe fixture will screw back into the flash where the plasics broke off.

Thanks for your hlep.

Regards,
    John

Call Canon parts and service?

I do this with Nikon all the time.
  • jm94085jm94085 Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2011
    Thanks...I just called, not quite helpful as they don't have a schematic I can look at and tell them what specific part(s) I need. Canon recommended a part number that I was able to search and find an image of online, however it's totally the wrong part. Oh well, the search continues :-(
  • Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2011
    jm94085 wrote: »
    Thanks...I just called, not quite helpful as they don't have a schematic I can look at and tell them what specific part(s) I need. Canon recommended a part number that I was able to search and find an image of online, however it's totally the wrong part. Oh well, the search continues :-(

you can easily buy the part and fix it yourself

http://neilvn.com/tangents/2007/05/31/repairing-the-canon-580ex-hotshoe-foot/
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2011
    search ebay for a repair manual on your flash...they run ~~~ 10-20$ ......usually you can find them on disk the cheapest also.......

19.95 for a PDF manual here: http://www.manualsparadise.com/ShowProductsForModel.do?model=M69897428

Good luk
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• CarpyCarpy Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2011
  • MarkelMarkel Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 10, 2011
    Sure you probably figured it out by now, but just in case you can view the parts catalog here for free.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/30746013/plugin-430ex