edited January 28, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
5393939425_e80c99853a_z.jpg

:scratch

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2011
    Errr... what's so crappy about your pic? I like it! My only nit probably would be the border frame. :D
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2011
    I like the composition - the lights on one side, the trees on the other - leads you right down the path.

One thing confuses me - the trees on the right are in focus, but stuff on the left that appear to be the same distance away are blurry. headscratch.gif
    --- Kono ---
    Pentax K-x and assorted lenses
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2011
    I really like what you were going for in this one. Only thing I would of done differently is taken it without the cars at the end of the sidewalk. That's me tho ..

The out of focus to the left .. crop it differently. I love the sidewalk, trees with the snow and the lights ... many things working good in this photo thumb.gif
  • r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2011
    Thanks for the comments guys clap.gif
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I really like what you were going for in this one. Only thing I would of done differently is taken it without the cars at the end of the sidewalk. That's me tho ..

The out of focus to the left .. crop it differently. I love the sidewalk, trees with the snow and the lights ... many things working good in this photo thumb.gif
    I can't take the cars out of my neighborhood and I'm not THAT good in photoshop (wish I was though!) lol.

I actually create the oof left (and right). mwink.gif
    konomaniac wrote: »
    I like the composition - the lights on one side, the trees on the other - leads you right down the path.

One thing confuses me - the trees on the right are in focus, but stuff on the left that appear to be the same distance away are blurry. headscratch.gif
    I know! Isn't that nifty :D
    (and very much on purpose!)
    jiro wrote: »
    Errr... what's so crappy about your pic? I like it! My only nit probably would be the border frame. :D
    I always do the same border for all of my pics... been using the same dumb border for years now. Maybe I'll change it up... next year mwink.gif

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2011
    r3t1awr3yd wrote: »
    I can't take the cars out of my neighborhood and I'm not THAT good in photoshop (wish I was though!) lol.

I actually create the oof left (and right). mwink.gif

Understand not being able to move the neighborhood's cars rolleyes1.gifI'm not that good in photoshop either to do that either.

Good photo tho thumb.gif
  • aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2011
    Admittedly, this a quick & dirty attempt. But practicing in PS is half the fun! mwink.gif

SnowScene.jpg
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2011
    jiro wrote: »

I always add a white border frame when posting an image to
    SmugMug. SmugMug uses a black background, and the border
    shows where the image ends and the background begins.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2011
    I think it's a nice photo. The only thing I would suggest is to crop off about 40% from the top.

Sam
  • r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2011
    Sam wrote: »
    I think it's a nice photo. The only thing I would suggest is to crop off about 40% from the top.

Sam
    Funny you say that. I tried that and a square crop and still ended up leaving it this way. If you'd like to give it a shot, maybe I'm doing something wrong. lol. Feel free to modify for example. headscratch.gif