Problem replacing photos - again

SunstruckSunstruck Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited January 28, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is anybody else having problems replacing photos? I have tried both Mozilla and IE this evening to replace photos. Unlike the last time this happened to me, this time I am actually getting an error message. It is telling me there was a problem uploading the image, would I like to try again. I tried again, and I am still getting that error message.

It is order #
Order #2029357

I have 4 days left in my Proof delay, so I am not hysterical, YET, but I have 4 more orders I have to replace photos on.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Penny J Wills.
http://www.pennyjwillsphotography.com/

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2011
    HI Penny, sorry for the trouble! Please write our Support Heroes with order # we'll help from the help desk.
  • SunstruckSunstruck Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2011
    Thanks Andy!
  • AFBlueAFBlue Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2011
    Sunstruck wrote: »
    Is anybody else having problems replacing photos? I have tried both Mozilla and IE this evening to replace photos. Unlike the last time this happened to me, this time I am actually getting an error message. It is telling me there was a problem uploading the image, would I like to try again. I tried again, and I am still getting that error message.

Thanks,
    Penny J Wills.
    http://www.pennyjwillsphotography.com/

Penny,

I recently had this problem, too. I had converted some lighthouse images from aRGB to sRGB for post-processing and saved them (I thought) as sRGB after processing. I kept getting the same error message as you. When I checked the processed images, I found the color profile had not been saved as sRGB and that caused the upload error. Apparently SM is no longer accepting aRGB uploads and converting them to sRGB. I changed/saved the images as sRGB (and verified the save) and the uploads to my lighthouse gallery then worked fine.
    The SM support folks will get you squared away, but I suggest you check the saved color space as a first step, even if you are "sure" (as I was) that you converted and saved to sRGB.

Jerry