Fair Price ????

b08rsab08rsa Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
edited January 30, 2011 in Cameras
I am looking to upgrade equipment, and I currently have the following. I am wondering what is a FAIR price for this? Not sure if this would be the proper place to post this thread, but I was looking for feedback before posting in the FS forums. Thanks...

Oly E-510 body with 55771 activations.
14-42mm lens (Lens kit)
40-150mm lens(Lens Kit)
Sigma 70-200m f/2.8 DG MCRO HSM-II f/OLM/PAN - SI7020028OLP
Promaster 7500EDF
Sony A7ii, Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens, Sony FE85mm f/1.8 Lens, Sony FE 28-70 mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Lens, Godox 860iiS Flash.

Comments

• ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2011
    Honestly, I think you get more by selling the items separately. I've found this to be true on ebay (though it may be different here). I'd sell the Sigma by itself, the body by itself, and maybe the 2 Oly lenses together. The Promaster (flash, right?) could go with the body or the two Oly lenses.

Just what I'd do; I sold a Pentax camera, worth about $200, along with a Tammy lens worth $100+ on ebay and the whole package (I threw in a few extra goodies also) sold for around $260. I think selling the items separately would have helped me.
  • b08rsab08rsa Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2011
    Honestly, I think you get more by selling the items separately. I've found this to be true on ebay (though it may be different here). I'd sell the Sigma by itself, the body by itself, and maybe the 2 Oly lenses together. The Promaster (flash, right?) could go with the body or the two Oly lenses.

Just what I'd do; I sold a Pentax camera, worth about $200, along with a Tammy lens worth $100+ on ebay and the whole package (I threw in a few extra goodies also) sold for around $260. I think selling the items separately would have helped me.

That is good to know. Thanks
    Sony A7ii, Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens, Sony FE85mm f/1.8 Lens, Sony FE 28-70 mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Lens, Godox 860iiS Flash.
  • fldspringerfldspringer Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited January 30, 2011
    Keep in mind that 55k is alot of shutter actuations on a consumer body. Its more than the MTBF figures I've heard.

The kit lenses are good, but everyone likely already has a set sitting arount that has a camera that they would fit on. I'd say less that $100 at the high end.

The Sigma is worth more. The Oly 50-200 is going for a bit less that $500 for the first gen lens, and I'd guess the Sigms would be worth a similar amount.

Greg
    b08rsa wrote: »
    I am looking to upgrade equipment, and I currently have the following. I am wondering what is a FAIR price for this? Not sure if this would be the proper place to post this thread, but I was looking for feedback before posting in the FS forums. Thanks...

Oly E-510 body with 55771 activations.
    14-42mm lens (Lens kit)
    40-150mm lens(Lens Kit)
    Sigma 70-200m f/2.8 DG MCRO HSM-II f/OLM/PAN - SI7020028OLP
    Promaster 7500EDF