Options

Kite Photography

ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,905 moderator
edited December 2, 2004 in Holy Macro
I ran across this site that talks about a UCB Prof that uses kites to take aerial photos.

Pretty neat stuff.

Ian
Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?

Comments

• Options
    StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2004
    ian408 wrote:
    I ran across this site that talks about a UCB Prof that uses kites to take aerial photos.

Pretty neat stuff.

Ian

Very, very hit and miss but I have links to sites in the Uk of KAP, some is very good, have a look at

KAP UK

A pic I took of a friend's kite 100 square feet of kite 9 square meters
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2004
    Thanks for the link
    I discovered that site a couple of years ago, but lost track of the link through many browser updates. So I'm glad to have it back.

I'm working in Fremont now and pass the salt ponds. Wish I could stop and take pictures some days when it's so still with beautiful reflections of the electric towers (grin).

I've just started looking through your posts. I always enjoy seeing how fellow bay area residents photograph the same places I frequent. That one at Santa Cruz near the lighthouse was very interesting. Guess I need to start venturing downward instead of staying on the road all the time.

I'm not as agile as I was when I was younger, but if the view is worth it, I'll haul out a walking stick.
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2004
    Thats a fantastic find ian...some of those shots are very high. I wonder though....how he gets the small timer he describes to activate the camera ..he didnt mention it that i read. I mean the actual mechanical hit of the button

& to hold it for the lag rolleyes1.gif

Im all over it mate...will try it soon.