edited January 30, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Waiting for Spring, practicing on houseplants
1165241746_PwJdC-L.jpg

1170407768_QUHT2-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Comments

• run_kmcrun_kmc Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2011
    I really, really like #1. Not to say I don't like #2, but the light seems much more natural in #1.

Well done!
  • WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2011
    run_kmc wrote: »
    I really, really like #1. Not to say I don't like #2, but the light seems much more natural in #1.

Well done!

Thank you, they were both shot with a remoted flash on the right , #1 through a translucent umbrella, #2 reflecting back from the same translucent umbrella but with a reflective outer layer. These are part a learning exercise for using flash with flowers. Shooting through a translucent umbrella seems to give a softer shading, less specular reflection. The second one still has some specular on the buds below the open flowers and the backside of the open flower facing left.
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2011
    I like your work, Werner. It has that just right sharpened details on the main subject and that nice soft background. Even the composition is just right for me. A very nice work, indeed. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    I like your work, Werner. It has that just right sharpened details on the main subject and that nice soft background. Even the composition is just right for me. A very nice work, indeed. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

Hi Jiro, Thanks, I'm waiting for spring to come and the grass to grow by itself. When is it going to happen?
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2011
    Nice work .. #2 is my favorite thumb.gif
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2011
    WernerG wrote: »
    Hi Jiro, Thanks, I'm waiting for spring to come and the grass to grow by itself. When is it going to happen?

Soon enough. They always do on their own accord. :D
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/