Cleaning the sensor on a D200

bsclark_1bsclark_1 Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited January 30, 2011 in Cameras
Well, today I finally joined the DSLR ranks. I bought a used D200 from a friend...

Unfortunately, the first trip out with it I noticed specks of dust on the photos, so I went to my local camera shop. They blew it out, but their sensor scope (coolest tool ever, btw) shows there is some that doesn't want to come off.

So, do I pay them $75 to clean it, buy a sensor cleaning swab for $20, and do it myself, or just live with it????

This evenings photos were much better than this morning.

Comments

• JamesonNorthJamesonNorth Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2011
    Get the 20 dollar cleaning swabs...chances are you'll get more than one swab, and it's not difficult at all to clean your sensor. Just be careful and don't push on the sensor. You'll be fine :)

You could always just clone the dust specks out if you want to be cheap or lazy about it...
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2011
    bsclark_1 wrote: »
    Well, today I finally joined the DSLR ranks. I bought a used D200 from a friend...

Unfortunately, the first trip out with it I noticed specks of dust on the photos, so I went to my local camera shop. They blew it out, but their sensor scope (coolest tool ever, btw) shows there is some that doesn't want to come off.

So, do I pay them $75 to clean it, buy a sensor cleaning swab for $20, and do it myself, or just live with it????

This evenings photos were much better than this morning.

I haven't checked lately, but there were plenty of Online Video's and Text's dealing with 'How-to' clean that sensor.
    tom wise