Behind the scenes / self portrait?

jarboedoggartjarboedoggart Registered Users Posts: 270 Major grins
edited January 31, 2011 in People
I have a co-photographer who works with me (I am the Doggart, he is the Jarboe). We use extremely simple and inexpensive radio flash triggers...so we both had transmitters on our cameras to trigger the flashes. So just by stepping back a few feet, he took this cool picture of the set up.

IMG_8647.jpg
-Nate
Jarboe Doggart Photography - jarboedoggart.com

Comments

• FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2011
    I have a co-photographer who works with me (I am the Doggart, he is the Jarboe). We use extremely simple and inexpensive radio flash triggers...so we both had transmitters on our cameras to trigger the flashes. So just by stepping back a few feet, he took this cool picture of the set up.

IMG_8647.jpg

Nice shot. I wish more on this forum would step back and include a "set up" shot like this for us to learn from.
  • jarboedoggartjarboedoggart Registered Users Posts: 270 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2011
    FlyNavy wrote: »
    Nice shot. I wish more on this forum would step back and include a "set up" shot like this for us to learn from.

Thanks, I like it. It is a simple set up. two canon 580exII's, inexpensive reflective umbrellas, and two sets of $20 flash triggers. Obviously the flash closest to her was the main source and the flash farther back was very weak just for fill.
    -Nate
  • tjl1388tjl1388 Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited January 31, 2011
    Pardon my newb question but if I understand this setup correctly there are only two flash units both off camera?

I'm a sports photographer by trade but my wife really wants me to get better at portrait work.
  • jarboedoggartjarboedoggart Registered Users Posts: 270 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2011
    tjl1388 wrote: »
    Pardon my newb question but if I understand this setup correctly there are only two flash units both off camera?

I'm a sports photographer by trade but my wife really wants me to get better at portrait work.

correct, no flashes on the camera.
    -Nate