(The Colour Red) - Love Tomato Soup

Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
edited February 2, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
We have another set theme comp coming around next week at the camera club, and I just know there will be loads of colour popping of RED going on, and phone boxes and buses and ER mailboxes and such.

So I tried to go for something a bit different in the hope that the judge at least gives me points for something more original...

This took me 15 shots to sort, with various images taken of the plate, tomatoes, and soup tin, with about 45 minutes of work in processing afterwards to get the finished result.

The tomatoes were skewered together on match stalks which had to be cloned out where they stuck through the skin of the toms, and these were held in position against black card (which didn't end up black until I changed it in PP later) on a barbecue fork.

The drips from the tomatoes landed on the plate.

Then the soup can was emptied (wife ate the soup later) and was sellotaped onto the fork and photographed.

I cloned one of the tomatoes below the skewered ones and added in a drop of the juice, and on that drop I used the liquefy tool to make it look more drippy so it seemed like it was about to add to the blobs on the plate, and I then cloned this stretched drip onto the rim of the soup tin.

Then all these shots were worked on until they were rotated as closely as I could to try and get it looking something like authentic...

Phew!

Anyway, here's hoping the judge gives it at least an 18... wink.gif

Exif:

Camera Maker: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 550D
Lens: EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Image Date: 2011-01-30 14:53:23 +0000
Focal Length: 34mm
Focus Distance: 0.66m
Aperture: f/4.5
Exposure Time: 1.500 s
ISO equiv: 200