Pad - 1/29/2011

SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
edited January 31, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
70 degrees and a perfect day for a hike. Only thing that spoiled the day was all the haze and overcast crimped the photography.
GF1 20mm f/1.7

1172244470_xEtwm-O.jpg
A hike in Griffith Park (starting at the Griffith Observatory)

1172245073_s5Wgm-O.jpg
Hollywood Sign

1172245691_mntAW-O-2.jpg
The Destination Dante's Point (the view from). Downtown LA in the haze on left. Hollywood in haze below Griffith Observatory.

1172246164_J5cKK-O.jpg
Next time I think I'll hitch a ride.

Gary
My snaps can be found here:
Unsharp at any Speed

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2011
    Nice set Gary. You know, I've live in LA my whole life. Always wanted to hike up to Dante's and take that shot and I never have. Maybe this spring.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2011
    Nice set Gary. You know, I've live in LA my whole life. Always wanted to hike up to Dante's and take that shot and I never have. Maybe this spring.
    Me too, I've hike the north side but not Dante's Point. I suggest you do it after a rain when it's nice and clear (like tomorrow, lol). There are picnic tables at the point so pack a lunch. Let me know and we'll have a party.

Gary

1172245495_4HNBs-O.jpg
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2011
    I am so envious of the beauty out there. Not saying we aren't beautiful here .. just a different kind. Weather looked wonderful too .. even tho there is a 'haze'.

Your first photo with the sunbeam reaching down ... spectacular thumb.gif This is a place I've always wanted to vist. Someday ....

Where's the snow headscratch.gif:D
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I am so envious of the beauty out there. Not saying we aren't beautiful here .. just a different kind. Weather looked wonderful too .. even tho there is a 'haze'.

Your first photo with the sunbeam reaching down ... spectacular thumb.gif This is a place I've always wanted to vist. Someday ....

Where's the snow headscratch.gif:D

Snow ... what's snow? (joking)

We keep our snow up in the mountains behind me. I am facing south to the Pacific (which you could see if not for the haze). To the north are the San Gabriel Mountains (the mountains you see behind the Rose Bowl on New Years). The eastern San Gabriels have snow, about an hours drive or so.

More observatory here: The Griffith

Gary
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2011
    Seefutlung wrote: »
    Snow ... what's snow? (joking)

We keep our snow up in the mountains behind me. I am facing south to the Pacific (which you could see if not for the haze). To the north are the San Gabriel Mountains (the mountains you see behind the Rose Bowl on New Years). The eastern San Gabriels have snow, about an hours drive or so.

More observatory here: The Griffith

Gary

Took a look at the rest of your photos .. WOW you have some awesome ones in that gallery.

Gotta get Cook up into the snow .... your dog would love it :D