Home

justin24justin24 Registered Users Posts: 402 Major grins
edited January 31, 2011 in People
So I was out and about San Francisco today. I went to the Presidio and near the coast are some bunkers and a covered gun nest. When I looked in to the covered guns nest I notices some personal belongings. So I went down to investigate and found some young adults living in there. I introduced myself and told them I was a student at City College of San Francisco taking some photos for my photo class and asked if I could take some photos and offered them 5 bucks. They said sure and let me in. They told me this was their home and that they were Anarchists and this was a temporary setup and were trying to crack the seal to one of the bunkers to set up a bigger camp. They were really nice people and told them I would email them the pics. I only took a few because they had to go get food from the warf area.

1172446562_goHcE-L.jpg

1172445431_fzyEV-L.jpg

1172436726_Yicbo-L.jpg

1172438868_s9bMt-L.jpg

1172441578_Nb5ha-L.jpg

1172440992_ZXLfQ-L.jpg

1172437326_CsXij-L.jpg

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2011
    Anarchists... Laughing.gif.

I like the first shot. I like that the one guys seems really uninterested in having his photo taken. Actually, in all the photos he is avoiding a clear shot of the camera in some way.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • justin24justin24 Registered Users Posts: 402 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2011
    They didn't really seem like Anarchists to me, more like run away teens or something like that. The one who seems to be avoiding having his picture taken was the "Leader" of the group.
  • TravelTravel Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2011
    Very nice.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2011
    justin24 wrote: »
    They didn't really seem like Anarchists to me, more like run away teens or something like that.

Justin... that was why I "Laughing.gif'd". There are a lot of those "Anarchists" living around Hollywood Blvd. We call them squatters round these parts. A lot of them are tweakers so you should take caution with your gear around them. The one Asian looking cat in your photo is most definitely a tweaker. I've seen enough of them to know.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site