My first attempt at a portrait...unconventional.

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited September 22, 2005 in People
hey, this is my first attempt at any type of live photo. it was harder to capture than i thought. because she refused to let me take the photo. so i grabbed my zoom lense and got her when she wasn't expecting it...please critique me!

-daniel-

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2005
    hey, this is my first attempt at any type of live photo. it was harder to capture than i thought. because she refused to let me take the photo. so i grabbed my zoom lense and got her when she wasn't expecting it...please critique me!

-daniel-
    Hi first of all Welome to dgrin wave.gif
    yeah.. people are hard to capture even when they DO want to be photographed:D To me the shot looks a little soft, out of focus. I like the blue on a black and white conversion tho. I'm getting the feeling that I'm not sure what the photographer is trying to impart. Do you have more? let us see.
    Lynn
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi first of all Welome to dgrin wave.gif
    yeah.. people are hard to capture even when they DO want to be photographed:D To me the shot looks a little soft, out of focus. I like the blue on a black and white conversion tho. I'm getting the feeling that I'm not sure what the photographer is trying to impart. Do you have more? let us see.
    Lynn
    yes, i agree with you there...well. i'm saving up for a Canon D300. but. it might take a while. i'm halfway there. thats why it looks out of focus. i meant the photo to be soft. to reflect her personality. and the blue reflects the shockingly individual personality she has. i guess its a personal matter. but thank you. and i have posted a sunset i took a while back in Florida on Clearwater Beach... if u would like to see that.rolleyes1.gif

-daniel-
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    yes, i agree with you there...well. i'm saving up for a Canon D300. but. it might take a while. i'm halfway there. thats why it looks out of focus. i meant the photo to be soft. to reflect her personality. and the blue reflects the shockingly individual personality she has. i guess its a personal matter. but thank you. and i have posted a sunset i took a while back in Florida on Clearwater Beach... if u would like to see that.rolleyes1.gif

-daniel-
    Hi Daniel, where is it? I agree with you that a womans face can be soft but I really believe her eyes should be sharp...
    I'd like to see your sunset.
    lynn
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited September 22, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi Daniel, where is it? I agree with you that a womans face can be soft but I really believe her eyes should be sharp...
    I'd like to see your sunset.
    lynn
    http://dgrin.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7977&stc=1
    that is the link to my sunset.:D
    -daniel-