Rubbing in the nice weather here :-)

TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
edited February 1, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Just have to rub it in with all the snowy pictures here lately. I took the hardtop off my S2K and went for a cruise in the sunny and 72 degree weather today :D I saw this stainless wall and liked the reflections it put on my car (and 3 is my lucky number, hehe).

21jw4yt.jpg

skua7s.jpg
Canon Fan

Comments

• SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2011
    This is quite well done considering the lack of control you had over the environment ... good job ... (it is 70F here in LA as well ...)

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2011
    Nice! I think you've found another type of commercial photography that you can develop later. :D #2 is right on the money! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2011
    I like the second one a lot. The car and the building were made for each other. In the first the perspective works well on the building but not so well on the wheels of the car. The front wheel of a "go fast" car should be leaning the other way.

But why isn't your car covered in salt and road grime like ours are up here in the north country? :D
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2011
    Rub it in rolleyes1.gif

Nice photos .. #2 is my favorite. I'd love a car like that, but I don't know how well it would handle on gravel roads :D Certainly would come home looking pretty dirty.
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2011
    Thanks for the comments guys! For the first shot I was laying on my side on the ground only about 2 feet from the car, so there is quite a bit of distortion from my wide angle thumb.gif (but I tend to like that look)

I have a bunch more similar to these I might post up tonight when I get off work.

Shooting cars is actually what got me into photography in the first place, I have been a gearhead my whole life rolleyes1.gif
    Canon Fan
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2011
    That second one is a winner! You should submit that to Phoenix magazine! I too like the distorted look of wide angle but I don't think it over the top here. How did you get this with no one around?
  • NihilationNihilation Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited January 31, 2011
    Nice pics. I've always had a thing for S2000's. Especially those with the mooncraft hard tops.

Sorry but I've gotta do a quick plug. You might like www.rightfootdown.com - it's an enthusiast driven auto blog that focuses on providing high quality content from photographers world wide.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2011
    Outstanding.......I like both shots......I'm a pickup kind of guy, but that is a good looking carthumb.gif
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2011
    #2 really works for me!
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Rub it in rolleyes1.gif

Nice photos .. #2 is my favorite. I'd love a car like that, but I don't know how well it would handle on gravel roads :D Certainly would come home looking pretty dirty.

Never mind the gravel roads - how does it handle in snow?? eek7.gif
    --- Kono ---
    Pentax K-x and assorted lenses
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2011
    Ditto to jiro's comment--exactly what I thought when I first looked at these. Nice stuff!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com