Not really into portraits........

FrancoisFrancois Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited September 21, 2005 in People
...... but I shot a few 'by accident' this weekend and wanted to share some 'people shots' with you. Comments welcome :):

This gentleman is 93 years old and was telling about his experience as a fighter pilot over the Pacific, back in 1944. He came all the way from Australia to attend the Battle of Britain memorial weekend.... you can still see the keen-ness (sp?) in his eyes, can't you !?

I also loved the 'Future Pilot' badge on his blazer....... :D

36847180-L.jpg

Another war veteran of the RAF, at 91 years old. Watching and thinking. He too turned out to be a wonderful story teller !! These people have already forgotten more then we'll ever remember !

36847181-L.jpg

I didn't ask their age..... but must have been something similar. Animated discussion, raising money for the BoB Fund.

36847182-L.jpg

This 'character' was impersonating a typical 1944 British 'fighter jock' with overdone stiff upper lip accent and starched scarf !! :rofl

36847183-L.jpg

The next day, at Goodwood, another venue, I found this sharp looking ex-copper. I hardly dared taking his picture...... :):

36847178-L.jpg

And last but not least our 'naughty Marilyn', who seems to be a returning 'attraction' at Goodwood now. We had her in 'our' jeep 2 years ago.. she hasn't changed... and was just about to make a naughty face at me when I 'squeezed the trigger' :D

36847184-L.jpg
Francois A. Dumas
Founder
Silver Cloud Publishing
fssupport.smugmug.com

Comments

• OneWayMuleOneWayMule Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2005
    Francois wrote:
    ...... but I shot a few 'by accident' this weekend and wanted to share some 'people shots' with you. Comments welcome :):

36847182-L.jpg

Nice... i love the expressing on this lady.
    She's going to whack the guy soon as he's done icon10.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    OneWayMule wrote:
    Nice... i love the expressing on this lady.
    She's going to whack the guy soon as he's done icon10.gif

15524779-Ti.gif

super set, francois
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    Wonderful set, Francois, and some really good individuals.

Looks like a wonderful place to be, a camera made a good addition to the occasion.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • FrancoisFrancois Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2005
    Thanks for your comments. It was fun shooting these !! :):
    Francois A. Dumas
    Founder
    Silver Cloud Publishing
    fssupport.smugmug.com