San Antonio and Austin January 2011

TropheusTropheus Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited February 1, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Hello All,
This is my first post on the first photography forum I've joined. I am excited and nervous to show you guys my work. I've been living inside my own head with them for long enough and decided I should get them out for others (and not just friends and family) to peruse.
I am self taught and fueled by a life-long obsession with capturing the visual stimulus that surrounds us onto film/digital media. I started by doing a photo-a day (PhAD) almost a year ago to the date. I have seen great leaps in my work, but know I have miles to go. I upgraded my camera (to a Rebel T1i) last March and have captured 11,ooo images on it thus far.
I always have my camera in my purse and am forever scouring the surroundings for a nice shot.
In the spirit of wanting to learn more and honing my "skills", I offer you my maiden viewing. I have quite a few others, but thought I'd start off with these as they are my most recent. I have discovered Photoshop, and instead of proffering up a PhAD, I have changed it to Edited PhAD. Thanks in advance for looking.
JJ
Pogoda at Japanese Tea Gardens, San Antonio

SunkenGardensPagodaRoof.jpg

Girl in Stone

SunkenGardensCalleninStoneII.jpg

Flaming Water Fountain.
RiverWalkFlamingWaterFountain.jpg

Self Portrait.
NewBraunfelsSelfPortrait.jpg

Votives and Rose
MiTierraVotivesIII.jpg

Votives
MiTierraVotivesII.jpg

Lights
MiTierraTree.jpg

The Lady with Her Rosary
MiTierraMadonnaII.jpg

Madonna
MiTierraMadonnaI.jpg

Sunset at Zilker.
AustinZilkerParkBridgeII.jpg
Pondering Snappers
AustinZilkerParkJulianne.jpg
Sunset at Zilker.
AustinZilkerParkBridgeI.jpgAlamoI.jpg
Question Authority.
Moderator: Trophs.com
Fish Geek

Comments

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2011
    I like the Girl in Stone and the Alamo. It's nice to see a different perspective of the Alamo, and I don't see a lot of B&W either. Look me up next time you are in town and we can go for a shoot.

Welcome to DGrin!
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • TropheusTropheus Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited February 1, 2011
    Lauren,
    Thanks, I appreciate it.
    I worked on the Riverwalk in the late 80's and I mostly saw the Alamo at night after my shift and after a few rounds at Ernie's. It's a cool place at night (sans most of the tourists) and the spot lighting gives it a different feel from daylight.
    I would love to get out for a shoot the next time I'm there. I'm planning on a brief excursion there within the next month- month and a half. Probably to coincide with one of the cool people watching events that are coming up.
    Thanks for the invite and the welcome.
    JJ.
    Question Authority.
    Moderator: Trophs.com
    Fish Geek