Critique - leaves

edanedan Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited February 3, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Please critique:

5357854838_ea3002a342_z.jpg
Painted Leaves by edan, on Flickr

Too boring? I like that you can see the dust on the leaves in the center. Any thoughts on how it could have been better?

Comments

• TropheusTropheus Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited February 3, 2011
    Keep in mind that I am no expert. I am just reporting what my eyes are telling me in laymen's terms.
    First off, I think it is cool that you are getting out and looking at the world and trying to capture your view of it thru the lens.
    OK. It is difficult for me to see a lot of your subject matter because of the glare. There doesn't seem to be much of a focal point. Did you want to bring out the whole plant or have a selected part in focus and everything else out of focus? It is sort of mundane, the way you set it up. Perhaps a macro of the cool white and green ribbon rippling through the underside of the leaf closest to us?
    I have found that some things look really striking and have a huge visual impact only to look very bland once captured by the camera. Play with lighting a little...morning sun, afternoon, sunset, artificial. See if the different shadows and hues make the plant "pop".
    JJ>
    Question Authority.
    Moderator: Trophs.com
    Fish Geek