Trying again

B JoynerB Joyner Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited February 3, 2011 in People
This is the same post from earlier. Now I am trying to learn how to link to photos.

Here is a pic I took today. Trying to learn every thing i can. It was taken in my homemade studio. With 2 Canon external flashes . Tried to do a little editing in PS Elements 9. Blurred the skin and background a bit. Added a little color, brightness, and sharpening to the eyes. Anyway let me know what you think.

1174749074_Fxsbs-X2.jpg

Wow that is much better than attaching the photo. Thanks again!!! I love this place.
Also still give me some advice on the photo.

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2011
    Some thoughts on the image. The linked image is much sharper!! thumb.gif

In general the shoulder on look isn't the best. I end up with this all of the time, but still, not the best angle in general. That said, if that's what you wanted explicitly, go for it!

I'd step down your CR light a bit. Two reasons. You'll get more shadow and sculpting on the near side of the face (which is what you want), and the shadow cast by her hair will be much less.

Some folks suggest knocking out one of the two catchlights in the eyes.

The catchlights look small. Are there no modifiers on the flash? You may want to try bouncing the light off a white ceiling/wall/corner or through a white sheet to diffuse things, and change how you see using the second light. Just some random thoughts.... YMMV

Lovely young lady.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2011
    Agree with what Andrew said especially for shooting into the shoulder. She also seems to be standing flat footed. When doing ladies always start from the feet up. Weight on the back leg and drop the back shoulder. This raises the front shoulder and is a typicial feminine pose. I like the warmth of the skin.