Options

Blue Vertical Lines on LCD

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited February 3, 2011 in Technique
I have been taking some shots with my 580ex ii on my 7D and for some reason or other I am getting two verticle blue lines on the LCD. I have obviously inadvertently moved something but cannot get rid of them. When I upload the shots I see they are cropped and not full screen. Frustrating to say the least. Good job I am not on a shoot.
Cheers
Bob

Comments

• Options
    Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2011
    It sounds like you may have turned on the aspect ratio info.

Press the menu button, move over to the next to the last menu from the right, the one next to the "star", Select Fn IV:Operations Others

Use the wheel on the back to select Add aspect ration Info (4)

Select off and press set.

Dan
    canon400d wrote: »
    I have been taking some shots with my 580ex ii on my 7D and for some reason or other I am getting two verticle blue lines on the LCD. I have obviously inadvertently moved something but cannot get rid of them. When I upload the shots I see they are cropped and not full screen. Frustrating to say the least. Good job I am not on a shoot.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2011
    Dan7312 wrote: »
    It sounds like you may have turned on the aspect ratio info.

Press the menu button, move over to the last menu from the right, the one next to the "star", Select Fn IV:Operations Others

Use the wheel on the back to select Add aspect ration Info (4)

Select off and press set.

Dan

Thanks Dan,
    I have tried what you have said but it is still the same. Prior to this occurring I was never in Operations Others.I am sure the answer lies somewhere within C.Fn because I was looking around for sync curtain settings but I am damned if I can find it. I have a presentation shoot on Friday evening so I sure hope someone can come to my rescue.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2011
    can't you hold 2 buttons down and reset the camera?
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited February 3, 2011
    Qarik wrote: »
    can't you hold 2 buttons down and reset the camera?

Hi Qarik.
    Thanks for coming to my aid I really appreciate it. Could you please enlighten me further on holding two buttons down to reset the camera.
    I could delete all the items in the Menu Settings but I suppose if I do this I will have to start from the very beginning like I had to when I bought the camera. It has taken me so long to get all the settings rigjht especially in C.Fn if you know what I mean.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • Options
    Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2011
    I've found it's pretty easy to think I've changed a custom function but didn't actually. The quick way to tell if it was actually set without drilling all the way down is to open Operation Other menu, don't worry which sub menu is select. At the bottom of the screen you should see something like this at the bottom of the screen.

1 2 3 4
    0 0 0 0

The important thing is what is under the number "4". If it is not 0 then you will have the blue lines on the LCD images.

When open the #4 submenu the OFF selection should be highlighted. If it is not them press SEL button, use the back wheel to select it, then press SET again. It's pressing the SET the second time that I sometimes forget.

1176378046_w3Ypy-X3.png

canon400d wrote: »
    Thanks Dan,
    I have tried what you have said but it is still the same. Prior to this occurring I was never in Operations Others.I am sure the answer lies somewhere within C.Fn because I was looking around for sync curtain settings but I am damned if I can find it. I have a presentation shoot on Friday evening so I sure hope someone can come to my rescue.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • Options
    edited February 3, 2011
    Dan7312 wrote: »
    I've found it's pretty easy to think I've changed a custom function but didn't actually. The quick way to tell if it was actually set without drilling all the way down is to open Operation Other menu, don't worry which sub menu is select. At the bottom of the screen you should see something like this at the bottom of the screen.

1 2 3 4
    0 0 0 0

The important thing is what is under the number "4". If it is not 0 then you will have the blue lines on the LCD images.

When open the #4 submenu the OFF selection should be highlighted. If it is not them press SEL button, use the back wheel to select it, then press SET again. It's pressing the SET the second time that I sometimes forget.

1176378046_w3Ypy-X3.png

Thanks Ziggy and Dan. Panic over I have got rid of the lines. I really am thick and stupid at times.
    Cheers
    Bob