Drops and a Self Portrait

brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
edited February 3, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Hello,

Was bored yesterday, trying to challenge myself to learn my new 60D and came up with these shots - CC encouraged. I know they are nothing fancy and I have a really long way to go, but I am having fun!

5408321431_e27623f3d4_z.jpg
Untitled by brvheart, on Flickr

5408305865_b13574cbdd_z.jpg

5408302097_a9a7e4df97_z.jpg

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2011
    Have missed seeing posts by you ... welcome back :D And a new camera too .. lucky you :D

Looks like it's a sharp camera ... those water drops look good. As for the photo of you .. I would of focused in on your one eye showing. Neat shot tho.

Hope all is going well with you and your family .. again nice to see you back posting :D
  • brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2011
    HEY MARY!!! I must admit that I miss posting. Long story short - a lot has been going on and I could not get out of my creative slump - the new camera has helped that! I am shooting more now than ever and cant wait to shoot when I am not shooting :)

I agree with you on the one eye showing focus - I looked at that after PP and thought - I should have....guess I will have to take it again :D

Hope all is well with you - talk to you soon.
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2011
    Well hey there stranger :) I really like #3. The lighter background really makes the rain drops pop.
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2011
    Hey Nat :) How are you doing these days? Good to see you still around :)

And I agree, I think I am going to reprocess #2 for lighter tones and see what I come up with.
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2011
    brvheart wrote: »
    Hey Nat :) How are you doing these days? Good to see you still around :)

And I agree, I think I am going to reprocess #2 for lighter tones and see what I come up with.

Doin alright - just workin hard lately and trying to enjoy the weekends when I can. Haven't done a whole lot of shooting lately but hoping to get out soon.

Post the lighter tones on #2, would like to see that since it worked so well for #3.
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery