Options

Elena (8 img)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited September 24, 2005 in People
Priviet, dear friends!
This is Lena...
Sorry for so many photos, but this time I had some time during this 'photosession' - so we tried different poses, I wasnt in a hurry (as usual :-) and so on...

2994.jpg
2995.jpg
2996.jpg
2997.jpg
2998.jpg
2999.jpg
3000.jpg
3002.jpg
Could you, please, tell me which ones of them you like most...
Your choices will be important to me (not only cause of poses, but also compositions and PP). This time I spent about 40 min and made about 100 shots...
Can you imagine how hard it was for me to choose these 8...

Spasibo, Yuri

Comments

• Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2005
    Yuri, it seems so irrational that i would even pretend to begin to tell you which are nice..... everything you do is wonderful. Please dont take my advice seriously, im not best at picking best pictures but #2 is the one i like best! In some of the other pictures I dont like her clothes or the way it lwas cropped.... in some of the other pics i dont think she is looking at me.... i just happen to like the composition and "feel" of pic # 2 better

troy

Priviet, dear friends!
    This is Lena...
    Sorry for so many photos, but this time I had some time during this 'photosession' - so we tried different poses, I wasnt in a hurry (as usual :-) and so on...
  • Options
    FrancoisFrancois Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    #2 with the reflection/shadow behind her, and #5 the BW one are my favorites ! Beautiful portraits as always thumb.gif
    Francois A. Dumas
    Founder
    Silver Cloud Publishing
    fssupport.smugmug.com
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,813 moderator
    Yuri,

Is this the same lady as in 1695 and 1696?

Just beautiful as always.

#2 is so different from most of your work, with a strong shadow so close to the subject. I am a bit distracted by the shadow and the background is a little busy. The shadow is actually an odd shape and I'm wondering how it came to be like that.

#1 and #7 have the greatest attraction for me because of the eyes and because the clothing lends itself to the shot. You achieve such a sense of lighting balance in these photos and I love the "wide, wrapping" light.

Bravo,

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Yuri,

Is this the same lady as in 1695 and 1696?

Just beautiful as always.

#2 is so different from most of your work, with a strong shadow so close to the subject. I am a bit distracted by the shadow and the background is a little busy. The shadow is actually an odd shape and I'm wondering how it came to be like that.

#1 and #7 have the greatest attraction for me because of the eyes and because the clothing lends itself to the shot. You achieve such a sense of lighting balance in these photos and I love the "wide, wrapping" light.

Bravo,

ziggy53
    Yes, Ziggy (1964...and next two) these numbers change from time to time (as I delete img on my site...)
    Spasibo for your comments and critique!
    Yuri
  • Options
    ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    Wow! So amazing.

One of my faves is the first one with the leather jacket (#3 from the end?)

Where do you find these beautiful women who let you take photos of them?headscratch.gif

Keep up the great work!clap.gif
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • Options
    thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    Number 6#
    I like the coloring on that one. I like how the colors seem to match the jacket. I find that very "cool". Her smile does not seemed forced, she is just relaxing. The pictures you posted. Are they in order of what time of day you shot them? Just wondering.
    Good job, Yuri.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • Options
    OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    #2 definitely. I love the warm light.

Owen
  • Options
    DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2005
    #2 - I like the comp, the light and shadows and the pose. The only recommendation that I would make would be to tone down the highlights a hair.

All nicely done.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    ...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!
  • Options
    msmendelmsmendel Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    Yuri,

Your work is quite beautiful, as are the the women you photograph. I like # 6 the best (seated pose).

Mark
  • Options
    Number 6#
    I like the coloring on that one. I like how the colors seem to match the jacket. I find that very "cool". Her smile does not seemed forced, she is just relaxing. The pictures you posted. Are they in order of what time of day you shot them? Just wondering.
    Good job, Yuri.
    Ashley
    Spasibo, Ashley, for your comment!
    My 'photosession' lasted ~ 30- 40 min (it happend at 11 a.m.) and yes, they are in time order, but I took about 120 shots (so diffficult to choose:-) at all...
    Thatnk you again
    Yuri
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2005
    She's gonna love #1 and #8. #6 has potential, but you need some more contrast in her face. #3 is nice, but I'd consider cropping the bottom, perhaps just above her sleeves. I don't love the B&W or duotone treatments, but that's probably me.

Is there an issue with soft focus in her eyes in the other shots?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2005
    Nice photos, I don't like the toned ones at all. My favorite is the first black leather jacket.

Has she been crying? Her face and her eyes both look "red" and her eyes look watery.

I love your photography, but I just noticed this.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited September 24, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Nice photos, I don't like the toned ones at all. My favorite is the first black leather jacket.

Has she been crying? Her face and her eyes both look "red" and her eyes look watery.

I love your photography, but I just noticed this.

ginger
    Hi Ginger!
    Yes, must say our session lasted ~40min and it was 8-10 C.
    As you can see (they are in time order...) I tried different poses and for some time she took her jacket off... It was a bit windy... so ... of course she got pretty cold ...
    As for crying... As I told you, I try to talk, talk and talk all the time I take photos (who can imagine more awful situation then silence during 'session' :-) and yes, she laught a lot...
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
  • Options
    rutt wrote:
    She's gonna love #1 and #8. #6 has potential, but you need some more contrast in her face. #3 is nice, but I'd consider cropping the bottom, perhaps just above her sleeves. I don't love the B&W or duotone treatments, but that's probably me.

Is there an issue with soft focus in her eyes in the other shots?
    Hi, rutt!
    I'm gonna give her prints today (19 15x20 cm photos). It'll be interestin which ones she like best...

Sorry, but I didnt understand your words about 'soft focus'.
    Im using sony f707 and at the min f-stop DOF is not that short (if you are talking about this)

Spasibo,
    Yuri
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    Hi, rutt!
    I'm gonna give her prints today (19 15x20 cm photos). It'll be interestin which ones she like best...

Sorry, but I didnt understand your words about 'soft focus'.
    Im using sony f707 and at the min f-stop DOF is not that short (if you are talking about this)

Spasibo,
    Yuri

Maybe I've just gotten to expect too much from your shots. Usually the eyes are so beautifully tack sharp. Look at 3, for example. Maybe it's a PP issue? Or maybe the shutter was a little long? It's very subtle.
    If not now, when?