Options

Help pricing action shots CD

rogerchesterrogerchester Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited February 7, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
I have a request to shoot some action shots for a softball team. They what a price for the CD with their kid and the copy rights of the photos. I would like to know about how many shots i should give them for what price. Their is about 200 kids in the league. I am shooting the team photos also. This would be a extra item for them. Thanks for you help :scratch
canon 40D EF70- 200mm 1:2.8 l is usm EF28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM

Comments

• Options
    run_kmcrun_kmc Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2011
    Do they actually want ownership of copyright on these photos, or do they just want to make their own prints? This might alter your price significantly.
  • Options
    edited February 3, 2011
    run_kmc wrote: »
    Do they actually want ownership of copyright on these photos, or do they just want to make their own prints? This might alter your price significantly.

Sorry they just want to make prints.
  • Options
    GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2011
    A CD per kid or a CD for the club so they can print as many as they want for the kids? If they only want one cd and its 200 kids should be priced accordingly. You could probably easily sell a $40 package to each kid if you were to do sales, so the CD is worth at least 200 * 40 = $8000.
  • Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2011
    GerryDavid wrote: »
    You could probably easily sell a $40 package to each kid if you were to do sales, so the CD is worth at least 200 * 40 = $8000.

And best of luck getting that or even 10% of it from a softball Club!!!!!! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2011
    I didnt think a club would be willing to spend $8000, just saying what the cd is probably worth. Its in the OP interest to get the club to let him sell the pics to the kids parents and give 10% back or something like that. If they ask for more than 10% perhaps tell them that the packages will have to be increased to make up for the loss and the parents will be informed. I dont know how well that will go over, ive heard of it making the organizers change their mind about increasing the cut.
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2011
    the parents would have the option to buy the cds not the club. The club would get %10 of the profit. Sorry i wasnt clear on this. you guys always the right answerers.
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2011
    A CD could be worth hundreds in print orders, depending how many pictures were taken. If it was me I would offer low res images on the cd with a small watermark in the bottom corner as a signature. And include ordering information for prints and other products. :) Maybe even a folder with a portfolio. Maybe toss in a slide show to increase its perceived value.