Blue Vertical lines on LCD

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited February 3, 2011 in Cameras
I have been taking some shots with my 580ex ii on my 7D and for some reason or other I am getting two verticle blue lines on the left and right of the LCD. I have obviously inadvertently moved something but cannot get rid of them. When I upload the shots I see they are cropped and not full screen. Frustrating to say the least. Good job I am not on a shoot, although I have a presentation shoot on Friday night. I am relying on you here Ziggy as I know you have a 7D and you have helped me out so many times before.
Cheers
Bob

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited February 3, 2011
    Hi Bob, I don't have the Canon 7D but I have decided that I will have one some day, As such, I have studied the 7D pretty well.

I don't think that the 7D has in-camera cropping so any RAW files should be fine and should contain the entire camera frame.

The display has optional cropping assistance/aspect ratio lines and I suspect that has been engaged.

Menu button
    Use the joystick to select, "Custom Function IV (Operation/Others)"
    Use the large wheel on the back of the camera to select, "Function 4 (Add aspect ratio information)"
    Set function 4 to "Off"

That should eliminate the lines. thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2011
    Hi Ziggy,

You might want to merge that with this thread

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=189629

Dan
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    Hi Bob, I don't have the Canon 7D but I have decided that I will have one some day, As such, I have studied the 7D pretty well.

I don't think that the 7D has in-camera cropping so any RAW files should be fine and should contain the entire camera frame.

The display has optional cropping assistance/aspect ratio lines and I suspect that has been engaged.

Menu button
    Use the large wheel on the back of the camera to select, "Function 4 (Add aspect ratio information)"
    Set function 4 to "Off"

• canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2011
    ziggy53 wrote: »

Menu button
    Set function 4 to "Off"

Hi Ziggy I have done as you have said and highlighted 4. Aspect Ratio 6:7 but how do I set this function to 'off'. In Operation Others should I enable or disable 'Add Image Verification Data' If this doesn't work should I clear all the C.Fn settings?
    Cheers
    Bob
    edited February 3, 2011
    Once you are on that menu press the SET button (in the middle of the wheel on the back). The use the wheel to move the select up to the top choice "OFF". Then press the SET button again to lock it in.

canon400d wrote: »
    Hi Ziggy I have done as you have said and highlighted 4. Aspect Ratio 6:7 but how do I set this function to 'off'. In Operation Others should I enable or disable 'Add Image Verification Data' If this doesn't work should I clear all the C.Fn settings?
    Cheers
    Bob
    edited February 3, 2011
    Dan7312 wrote: »
    Once you are on that menu press the SET button (in the middle of the wheel on the back). The use the wheel to move the select up to the top choice "OFF". Then press the SET button again to lock it in.

Thanks Ziggy and Dan. Panic over I have got rid of the lines. I really am thick and stupid at times.
    Cheers
    Bob
    edited February 3, 2011
    You welcome, no problem at all. Ask anytime.
    canon400d wrote: »
    Thanks Ziggy and Dan. Panic over I have got rid of the lines. I really am thick and stupid at times.
    Cheers
    Bob
    edited February 3, 2011
    Dan7312 wrote: »
    You welcome, no problem at all. Ask anytime.

Thanks Dan I appreciate it so much and it just goes to show what Dgrin is all about. Dgrin ,akes me feel so secure.
    Cheers
    Bob