Options

Digital Black and White : Video Tutorial (1.5 hours)

MatthewGoreMatthewGore Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited February 6, 2011 in Finishing School
foghorns720.jpg

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, so I thought that I'd start by introducing myself. I'm Matthew Gore, a photographer from the Seattle area, currently living in Florida. Anyway....

I recently decided to make a short video tutorial to answer someone's question on my own blog; then I added a bit more detail, and then more examples... and it ended up being almost two hours long. I've since edited down a bit and organized it a little, but it is what it is.

There's a good amount of information in this video, especially for those who are new to black and white. For those of you who are seasoned pros, you can probably skip it :)

The video is available in its entirety on Vimeo, here: http://vimeo.com/19300095

My suggestion is that you use the download link (below and right of the video) and just get a copy for your computer so that you can start and stop and skip bits at will, but that's up to you.

The video is also on Youtube in 8 parts. It also is a somewhat less finished version. The biggest differences are in the first 5 minutes, which are particularly slow on this version :)

Part One on Youtube.

Anyway, I hope that someone finds this useful! Of course, you can feel free to ask me any questions if they come up.

- Matthew Gore

Comments

• Options
    cupiccupic Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited February 6, 2011
    Thanks for the tutorial

cheers
  • Options
    MatthewGoreMatthewGore Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 6, 2011
    cupic wrote: »
    Thanks for the tutorial