Various Stills.

TropheusTropheus Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited February 5, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Hi Everyone,
This is a mish mash of images I've taken in the last 8 months. No theme, really. Just some that I really enjoy looking at. If you have any comments or critiques, I would like to read them.
Abandoned house south of Helen, GA.
Guillotine.jpg
Civil War cemetery in Rome, GA
CivilWarGravesI.jpg
CivilWarGravesII.jpg
IMG_4507.jpg
A water logged sock in the "hood" in Atlanta, GA
SoakingSocks.jpg
Canon on Lookout Mountain in Chatanooga, TN
SoundtheAlert.jpg
Ladder at Playground Norcross, GA
TheNewBeanstalk.jpg
Glass Skull and Child's Hand Clayton, GA
Tickle.jpg
Abandoned Church in the "hood" in Atlanta,GA
TrashforGod.jpg
Lily Pads Orlando, FL
Repose.jpg
Thanks for looking.
JJ
Question Authority.
Moderator: Trophs.com
Fish Geek

Comments

• TropheusTropheus Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited February 3, 2011
    Eleanor has a bath
    BubbleShield.jpg
    Fourth of July in Helen, GA
    MissAmerica.jpg
    Brave's Game Atlanta,GA
    EmptySeatsI.jpg
    Shadow Girl
    011.jpg
    Bayou Breaux Bridge, LA
    BayouTreesIII.jpg
    Birds on a Wire League City, TX
    BirdsonWireII.jpg
    Cemetery Grasshopper Augusta, GA
    CemeteryGrasshopperAfter.jpg
    Glass Skull
    GlassSkullGreen.jpg
    Hilton Deadfall Orlando, FL
    HiltonDeadfallAfter.jpg
    Winter Storm Alpharetta, GA
    Jo-JuhSnowstormAfter.jpg
    The sun on Lake Rabun, GA
    SnowflakesFireflowersII.jpg
    Eleanor and the Snowman
    SnowmanChaChaAfter.jpg
    Spinning Quarter
    SpinningQuarterAfter.jpg
    Swan Napkin Rings
    SwansBefore.jpg
    A Child's Grave Freemont Cemetery, League City, TX
    TexasCemeteryBeads.jpg
    Saint and Cross Freemont Cemetery, League City, TX
    TexasCemeteryPrayingSaint.jpg
    Bayou Dog Breaux Bridge, LA
    BayouDoggie.jpg
    Question Authority.
    Fish Geek
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2011
    Enjoyed your series of photos. Many in there I like :D
    edited February 4, 2011
    Mary,
    Thanks! I was beginning to think that the silence was a polite way to say that they suck. Laughing.gif. I've never posted on photography sites and don't know the order of things; you know like if it's frowned upon for newbs to post photos, comment on them etc.
    It occured to me that I probably should've paced myself and put them into a theme. And put those themes up each day. I still have more and will do just that; be a little more thoughtful with my presentation.
    If you are so inclined, I would love to hear which ones you liked.
    Appreciate your words.
    JJ>
    Question Authority.
    Fish Geek
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2011
    Very nice work, JJ, very nice. I think that second shot, of the tombstones, may be my favorite. And you know, because I'm like 12, that fourth shot makes me laugh, because it looks like the statue is picking its nose. rolleyes1.gif

We like to see everyone's work, but I think you're right, this was a little overwhelming to try to take in all these photos and offer comments on such a big group.
    edited February 4, 2011
    Tropheus wrote: »
    Mary,
    Thanks! I was beginning to think that the silence was a polite way to say that they suck. Laughing.gif. I've never posted on photography sites and don't know the order of things; you know like if it's frowned upon for newbs to post photos, comment on them etc.
    It occured to me that I probably should've paced myself and put them into a theme. And put those themes up each day. I still have more and will do just that; be a little more thoughtful with my presentation.
    If you are so inclined, I would love to hear which ones you liked.
    Appreciate your words.
    JJ>

Don't worry about the silence .. I've had it happen to me rolleyes1.gif

Themes help and not so many photos at one time. Even with as many as you had ... I enjoyed looking each one over.

The ones I liked are --

Shadow Girl
    Winter Storm
    Eleanor and the Snowman
    Abandoned House
    Ladder at the Playground
    Abandoned Church

Not saying I didn't find interest in the others ... it's just the ones I mentioned really stuck out to 'me' :D

Look forward to seeing more :D
    edited February 4, 2011
    Thanks Mary and Moose.
    I'm already concocting a plan for a series.
    We've just relocated to Texas from Georgia and, once this wicked cold weather blows over, I plan on having my way with the area. So many cool places! Mini road trips!
    Moose, the Nose-Picking statue is one of my faves, too. That was a cool cemetery. On a terraced hill and pretty old.
    Mary, Shadow Girl and Eleanor and the Snowman make me smile. That's my daughter and I'm quite lucky she's a good sport with her Mama's obsession. She looks at things & asks me to "take a picture!" I'll get her a camera when she's older.
    JJ.
    Question Authority.
    Fish Geek
    edited February 4, 2011
    Tropheus wrote: »
    Thanks Mary and Moose.
    I'm already concocting a plan for a series.
    We've just relocated to Texas from Georgia and, once this wicked cold weather blows over, I plan on having my way with the area. So many cool places! Mini road trips!
    Moose, the Nose-Picking statue is one of my faves, too. That was a cool cemetery. On a terraced hill and pretty old.
    Mary, Shadow Girl and Eleanor and the Snowman make me smile. That's my daughter and I'm quite lucky she's a good sport with her Mama's obsession. She looks at things & asks me to "take a picture!" I'll get her a camera when she's older.
    JJ.

You have a very beautiful daughter :D

Look forward to seeing more photos in the future.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited February 5, 2011
    Hi JJ and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. I like your work and would love to see more.

A few tips: Don't get discouraged if you don't get much of a response on any given post--it happens to all of us sometimes. You'll generally get a better response if you post a single shot or a few related ones. Otherwise it gets a little overwhelming. If you post more than three at a time, it makes it easier to comment if you number them.

We welcome both pics and comments from newcomers, so don't be shy. thumb.gif
    edited February 5, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Hi JJ and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. I like your work and would love to see more.

A few tips: Don't get discouraged if you don't get much of a response on any given post--it happens to all of us sometimes. You'll generally get a better response if you post a single shot or a few related ones. Otherwise it gets a little overwhelming. If you post more than three at a time, it makes it easier to comment if you number them.

Thanks for the tips and the welcome.
    I'm a moderator on a fish forum and know everyone, it's weird to have to do it all over again. headscratch.gif I look forward to improving. I am going to find a photography club out here and join so I get "on the ground" exchange of knowledge as well.
    Look forward to seeing y'all's stuff as well.
    JJ>
    Question Authority.
    Fish Geek
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2011
    I enjoyed my 5 years in Georgia. We enjoyed Helen, Ga and sneaking into TN.

That shot overlooking Chattanooga took me back, (to when I visited, not the war rolleyes1.gif)

Looking forward to seeing more of your work thumb.gif
    Randy
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2011
    Richard wrote: »

Ditto. When posting photos less is usually more. It's much easier to have an opinion and make a comment when the number of shots is limited.

I like a lot of your work. I don't care so much for some of the heavy manipulation you've done on some of the shots, but that's my bias. I do like Eleanor and the snowman. She's so cute, and the shot has great energy to it.

And the Saint and Cross: he looks so devious in that shot. Not what you expect from a Saint! lol3.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops